PHP trans. mount

overkill91

I eat rice
Established Member
I recently installed the transmission adapter from PHP with my TKO on my 97 Cobra and it seems like there is a lot of stress on the poly mount. Is this normal?

Anyone have any pictures of theirs installed?

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
No pics, but I didn't find alot of crossmember stress, the rear of the tranny did bounce a bit more though. you can see it in the shifter while cruising.

c9obr6a

Established Member
I just put one on and thought the same thing but I also used a poly trans mount. I also had to trim some of the trans tunnel to get the tko to fit wright, make sure its not hitting on the bolts for the center shifter location. PHP also recomends welding the factory cross member into place. I could get a pick but not till this weekend PM me if you still want one.

overkill91

I eat rice
Established Member
Thanks for the replies! Basicly what i see going on is that the adapter piece is not paralel with the ground. It slopes down towards the transmission poly mount and the poly mount is what seems to be stressed. I typed wrong in the initial post. :bash:

Due to the extra linkage is there any problems with the back of the transmission shifting from right to left under load i wonder?

Any pictures would be great to see just out of curiosity...

Thanks,

Chris

budguy1967

Established Member
Anyone with the TKO using the ds spacer? I have the vibe real badly with it, of course I am using my stock steel DS. Anyone know of an aluminum DS that will eliminate the spacer?

Doug, I thought you had a TKO tranny already?

overkill91

I eat rice
Established Member
Im not using a DS spacer. How can you tell if you need one? It seems like everyting is fine.
Ill try and remember to post a pic of mine when i get home so you guys can see what im talking about.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
budguy1967 said:
Anyone with the TKO using the ds spacer? I have the vibe real badly with it, of course I am using my stock steel DS. Anyone know of an aluminum DS that will eliminate the spacer?

Doug, I thought you had a TKO tranny already?

i had the old style 3550. and i broke it...bad. twisted the input shaft (for the 2nd time) and shattered third gear. i sold it to a friend so he could mix and much parts from his busted 3550 to build a working 3550 :) then bought a tko500 with a 26spline input shaft.

I'm also aligning my scattershield (safety bellhousing) since it was about 3x out of maximum alignment. its been one giant clusterfu**, but i'm working through it :)

and yes, i'm using the PHP adapter AND the d/s spacer. still got vibes but i got my stock driveshaft balanced while its been down so i'm going to see if that helps.

I've also read on the Corral that some people put about 1/2" spacers where the PHP adapter bolts to the transmission to lift the back end up a little bit and have solved much of their vibration problems. i'll be experimenting with this if i still have bad vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread