PHP intake spacer(Where to get)?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
ive heard of zero gains on unported intakes.
dont know about ported but it cant be much of a gain.maybe 2-3 rwhp
i think its more in peoples heads
J

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
You have an intercooled KB? I've seen the price on their website, not bad at all.

Not bad at all? Aren't the intercooled KB's like 7k? By comparison, a P1SC can be had for like 3k...I know some people love the twin screw, but thats a ton O' scratch if ya ask me.

green99_svt

Established Member
Double"O" said:
When you add lenth to your Intake you are gonna lose TQ down low and gain it up top. Which is what my car did. The gains were from just past peak to redline

the php spacer does not add length to the intake runners . it simply raises the lid to allow more air to flow to the drivers side 3 plenum runners this will not affect tq at all. also adding length to a runner will increase tq and loose hp. thats why a ported short runner intake will have all its power band over 5k and nothing under as the runners are much shorter

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
green99_svt said:
the php spacer does not add length to the intake runners . it simply raises the lid to allow more air to flow to the drivers side 3 plenum runners this will not affect tq at all. also adding length to a runner will increase tq and loose hp. thats why a ported short runner intake will have all its power band over 5k and nothing under as the runners are much shorter

Your right about the intake runners, but i was under the impression that by raising the lid it would have a similar effect going by my dyno sheet???

Man i wish i had a scanned copy of that dyno sheet to show you guys.

Last edited:

green99_svt

Established Member
the reason you gained on the top end as the intake breathes a bit better as airflow is easier reached to the drivers side plenum runners.

Users who are viewing this thread