Photos with my new DSLR (Rebel XSi content inside.)

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
got the camera for christmas, and i'm loving it so far. here are some DSLR newb photos.

4218152902_941e28ee60.jpg

4216967423_81a944795b.jpg

4217733456_4fd3748a33.jpg

4217728620_6df275785c.jpg

4217720570_07bb7298bf.jpg

:rockon: can't wait to get some shots of my car... when it runs again.

milktasd2

Established Member
f/4-5.6 IS came with it as well.

that is just the apeture. What is the lens? 18-55mm? Great camera, I learned with my mom's XSi. Best thing you can do is shoot in RAW. Takes more post processing but you can get much better pics out of it.

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
that is just the apeture. What is the lens? 18-55mm? Great camera, I learned with my mom's XSi. Best thing you can do is shoot in RAW. Takes more post processing but you can get much better pics out of it.
shows how much i know. yes it is the 18-55 mm. and i have no idea what shooting in raw means, or how to even come close to knowing how to do that.

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
shows how much i know. yes it is the 18-55 mm. and i have no idea what shooting in raw means, or how to even come close to knowing how to do that.

Well it don't mean taking pics in the nude...lol

Generally speaking...photos taken in RAW need post processing. When not in RAW the images will be in jpeg format(like a point and shoot). You must set your SXi to RAW in the image 'Quality' setup menu.

Check out this Canon website...
Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin

silverstang23

Established Member

Your pictures look good, but it sounds like you don't know to much about the camera and its functions. A good, easy, way to learn about it is reading the manual. I have a rebel xti and the manual offered a lot of help and insight about the camera.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Rebel XSI FTW! My friend has one and anytime we go to car shows I always steal it to use lol

I need to get one for myself when I can get a DSLR, its an awesome camera for sure

I took this with his XSI, its very easy to use... Great camera, enjoy yours!

IMG_1062Small.jpg

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
Well it don't mean taking pics in the nude...lol

Generally speaking...photos taken in RAW need post processing. When not in RAW the images will be in jpeg format(like a point and shoot). You must set your SXi to RAW in the image 'Quality' setup menu.

Check out this Canon website...
Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin
thanks for the info.
enjoy the camera and very nice pics.
thanks.
Your pictures look good, but it sounds like you don't know to much about the camera and its functions. A good, easy, way to learn about it is reading the manual. I have a rebel xti and the manual offered a lot of help and insight about the camera.
you got that right, i don't know shit about it. looking forward to learning more about it to fully take advantage of it. :beer:

SRNA

Established Member
Practice is how you figure things out IMO. I have a D40 and love it. I just practiced alot with it and I am sure you will love it even more when you get more used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread