Photos from Cayman

440sprint

Established Member
Beautiful place for such a beautiful car!

Is the very important AIR always hot & humid there? You at least have sea level air pressure. If you get any cool & dry days, you will easily notice that your Shelby has even MORE powre!

What kind of gas can you get there? Octane?

At least, your stock Goodyear F1 tires should perform much better for you than us farther north with most days that are cooler than ~60*F.

Can you ferry or whatever to get your car to the other islands easily?

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I am also here with my family. Flew in on Saturday. Staying at the Marriott on 7 Mile Beach. Been on the lookout for your Shelby. Thus far only seen a GT 5.0. Lots of little rice-cars running around with annoying exhaust. We love the Island, nice change from Hawaii. My wife enjoyed dinner at Agua and Karma. Of course, my daughter prefers Burger Shack. :rolling:

My wife wants to head back into Georgetown on Friday. Maybe we'll see you around town.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

We are at the opposite end from you. If you want some great Italian food, go to Edoardo's. They are along 7 mile beach.

One of us should be able to spot this Shelby :rockon:

Simon_C

Established Member
I am at work. We don't get a holiday in Cayman. I didn't take the Shelby into the office today. You're unlikely to see it driving around today (unless my girlfriend takes it out!!!!!).

Yes, diving as much as possible. I'll have to keep an eye out when I head to the dock at Morritt's on saturday morning at 8 ;-)

I hope the weather is still okay for diving. Have you been to Jack McKenny's yet? Great dive site if you want to play with the sharks. There's another shark dive near there but I forget the name.

Flew in on Saturday. Staying at the Marriott on 7 Mile Beach. Been on the lookout for your Shelby. Thus far only seen a GT 5.0. Lots of little rice-cars running around with annoying exhaust. We love the Island, nice change from Hawaii. My wife enjoyed dinner at Agua and Karma. Of course, my daughter prefers Burger Shack. :rolling:

My wife wants to head back into Georgetown on Friday. Maybe we'll see you around town.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

I live quite close to the Marriott. Unlikely to see me around in the day as I am at work. IF you like steak - Copper Falls is very good. They do ribs on Friday and Saturday. The ribs are excellent.

I work in Camana Bay so I m unlikely to be in George Town.

Beautiful place for such a beautiful car!

Is the very important AIR always hot & humid there? You at least have sea level air pressure. If you get any cool & dry days, you will easily notice that your Shelby has even MORE powre!

What kind of gas can you get there? Octane?

At least, your stock Goodyear F1 tires should perform much better for you than than us farther north with most days that are cooler than ~60*F

Can you ferry or whatever to get your car to the other islands easily?

It's interesting you mention the humidity and air temperature. I have noticed traction breaking loose more easily as it cools in the evening. I put it down to the road surface losing temperature but maybe it is developing extra power. I never thought of that!

In that case bring on the winter ... apologies to those members living in the North.

We get 93 octane. ESSO is the best one to get. I think the others tamper with their fuel.

No ferry. I have considered taking it to Europe for a tour. Maybe in a couple of years. Other priorities at the moment.

We are at the opposite end from you. If you want some great Italian food, go to Edoardo's. They are along 7 mile beach.

One of us should be able to spot this Shelby :rockon:

I will definitely be at the Ritz doing brunch on Sunday. Starts at 12.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I am at work. We don't get a holiday in Cayman. I didn't take the Shelby into the office today. You're unlikely to see it driving around today (unless my girlfriend takes it out!!!!!).

I hope the weather is still okay for diving. Have you been to Jack McKenny's yet? Great dive site if you want to play with the sharks. There's another shark dive near there but I forget the name.

I live quite close to the Marriott. Unlikely to see me around in the day as I am at work. IF you like steak - Copper Falls is very good. They do ribs on Friday and Saturday. The ribs are excellent.

I work in Camana Bay so I m unlikely to be in George Town.

It's interesting you mention the humidity and air temperature. I have noticed traction breaking loose more easily as it cools in the evening. I put it down to the road surface losing temperature but maybe it is developing extra power. I never thought of that!

In that case bring on the winter ... apologies to those members living in the North.

We get 93 octane. ESSO is the best one to get. I think the others tamper with their fuel.

No ferry. I have considered taking it to Europe for a tour. Maybe in a couple of years. Other priorities at the moment.

I will definitely be at the Ritz doing brunch on Sunday. Starts at 12.

We've done Jack McKenny's 3 times. The other one is The Maze, great for sharks. I have some great video if I ever get a chance to edit it.

Funny you mention Copper Falls. One of the dive guides out here is from Texas and he said the ribs there on Friday and Saturday are the best. We are going Friday.

Simon_C

Established Member
Funny you mention Copper Falls. One of the dive guides out here is from Texas and he said the ribs there on Friday and Saturday are the best. We are going Friday.

Ha ha! My girlfriend has booked Copper Falls for tomorrow night too. I think she booked from 6.30. Frank, the owner of Copper Falls, drives an early S197 GT. It is well looked after.

If you want to say hello ask for Elle's table. Everyone there knows her.

A GT500 on the Cayman's! :eek:

I think by the end of 4th you would have run out of "Island"

There's a fourth gear!!!!!

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Ha ha! My girlfriend has booked Copper Falls for tomorrow night too. I think she booked from 6.30. Frank, the owner of Copper Falls, drives an early S197 GT. It is well looked after.

If you want to say hello ask for Elle's table. Everyone there knows her.

There's a fourth gear!!!!!

Lol, exact time of our reservation, see you there!

LazyBird

Established Member
Hey Simon! Congratulations on the car -- it's gorgeous!

I admit I'm a little biased, as mine is a 2013 coupe in Red Candy with white stripes. I assume yours is a 2014 in Ruby Red. Can't see any difference from the photos. At any rate, good choice in color scheme -- as long as you don't mind your car attracting a LOT of attention. And that's for two reasons: It is a seriously pretty car (almost as pretty as Miss Alabama) and it's a beast, and people who know what it is appreciate that fact. It's a beauty and a beast at the same time!

Enjoy and be careful.

Rick

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Met Simon and Elle tonight. Very nice couple. The kind of people you are glad to see have a vehicle like this. I got some pics of his car and had some fantastic ribs at Copper Falls restaurant.
I think they are trying to figure out how to shut down the airport to run the Shelby on the runway. ;-)

Simon_C

Established Member
Met Simon and Elle tonight. Very nice couple. The kind of people you are glad to see have a vehicle like this. I got some pics of his car and had some fantastic ribs at Copper Falls restaurant.
I think they are trying to figure out how to shut down the airport to run the Shelby on the runway. ;-)

It was great meeting the crew from Houston and Seattle too. Your garage sounds awesome. Very jealous. It's good the weather has picked up so I hope you all get some good dives in during your last week. We are still working on that airport thing ....

Simon_C

Established Member
Hey Simon! Congratulations on the car -- it's gorgeous!

I admit I'm a little biased, as mine is a 2013 coupe in Red Candy with white stripes. I assume yours is a 2014 in Ruby Red. Can't see any difference from the photos. At any rate, good choice in color scheme -- as long as you don't mind your car attracting a LOT of attention. And that's for two reasons: It is a seriously pretty car (almost as pretty as Miss Alabama) and it's a beast, and people who know what it is appreciate that fact. It's a beauty and a beast at the same time!

Enjoy and be careful.

Rick

Hi Rick. They do look very similar in photos. Very hard to get the exposure correct on the ruby red. You can tell the difference side by side. You're right about the attention. A friend of mine was importing an Aston Martin on the same day the Shelby arrived. He was very disappointed that no one in customs bothered to look at his AM. They were all over the Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread