Photography logo....thoughts?

4fit?

Established Member
Decided to throw together a logo for a photography venture that I have been considering recently. Thoughts on the logo? :beer:

Logo:
BP_prev.png

Example on an image:
DSC08584.jpg

And, just in case you are wondering about the name:
DSC00223.jpg

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
If you are going to put the logo on images, it takes away from the picture too much with the human figure standing there. Just use the text and scale it down about half that size.

4fit?

Established Member
If you are going to put the logo on images, it takes away from the picture too much with the human figure standing there. Just use the text and scale it down about half that size.
That's probably what I'll do. The one with the figure will probably be mainly for the website and business cards. Just stuck it on the image to get a feel for it.:beer:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I like the man standing there. It's catchy and makes it recognizable. I would change the font of the lettering though.

4fit?

Established Member
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Great logo but not to be used as a watermark on photos.

Yeah, that's the way I am leaning. Probably just use this logo on business cards and my website (whenever I can find the time to make it, lol). The watermark I use on images will probably have the website address in a similar font as the logo (for consistency) but will be all on one line. Will probably set it to soft light blend mode so it doesn't detract from the overall image.
:beer:

95riosnake

Established Member
I think it would be cool if you edited the gun silhouette and made it a camera, might help tie it onto the photography aspect more, yet still has the same look.

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
why not use a font like excellerate with just a gun out front shooting thru the full name? make sure whatever name you decide on isn't taken and buy the rites first. i know tons of guys who go thru a bunch of names before they get the one that isn't taken. you gonna build the site yourself?

4fit?

Established Member
why not use a font like excellerate with just a gun out front shooting thru the full name? make sure whatever name you decide on isn't taken and buy the rites first. i know tons of guys who go thru a bunch of names before they get the one that isn't taken. you gonna build the site yourself?
TJ, I had thought about that, and still may do something like that. I'm pretty sure Bulistic Photography isn't taken simply because it's spelled wrong. lol. As for the website, yes. I run a small web design gig on the side, so that is something I can handle pretty easily if I can ever find the time to do it.:thumbsup:

did you go to school for photography or are you self taught!?
Self taught. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread