phillySVT what's goin' on down there???

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Another Philly cop shot to death? :shrug: 4 in 10 months. Another sad, sad day. :(

I need to change my name to SuburbanSVT since I no longer live there....I don't know. I just left the city a couple hours ago. Kids these days don't care. Shooting at cops and everyone else for the littlest thing.

Last edited:

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
I need to change my name to SuburbanSVT since I no longer live their....I don't know. I just left the city a couple hours ago. Kids these days don't care. Shooting at cops and everyone else for the littlest thing.

I don't blame you....I don't know who would want to live there anymore.

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
it really has gone down hill in the last few years, when i was a junior in high school one of my friends that lived in the city was walking down the street, a kid came up behind him and just shot him in the head, then shot him 5 more times in the chest, turned around and walk away like it was nothing.

convert03cobra

Established Member
That's because they only allow the criminals and cops to carry guns, not the public.

True, but PA makes it pretty easy to get a gun permit. I grew up in NE Philly and don't really miss it one bit. It's nice to go home once in a while to visit, but I'm sure glad to come back to my house.

LadyJame

Established Member
The "suspect" actually killed one officer and injured another (shot in the head and has survived). Luckily, the rest of the cops killed him before it went any further. I thought you couldn't have a permit to carry in Philly? I hate it there. Got lost in a bad section of town once and watched a guy in broad daylight trying to break into a car at a major intersection. No respect, none whatsoever. I'll stay in the middle of nowhere and enjoy riding 20-30 minutes to get to a major town and I'll legally carry my gun wherever I'm permitted to.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
The "suspect" actually killed one officer and injured another (shot in the head and has survived). Luckily, the rest of the cops killed him before it went any further. I thought you couldn't have a permit to carry in Philly? I hate it there. Got lost in a bad section of town once and watched a guy in broad daylight trying to break into a car at a major intersection. No respect, none whatsoever. I'll stay in the middle of nowhere and enjoy riding 20-30 minutes to get to a major town and I'll legally carry my gun wherever I'm permitted to.

I believe you are correct regarding not being allowed to carry in philly even with a concealed weapons permit. That's why I made the statement that only criminals and cops are allowed to carry in philly. I believe the public need to be allowed to carry in philly to even the odds.

03CobraDom

Established Member
I believe you are correct regarding not being allowed to carry in philly even with a concealed weapons permit. That's why I made the statement that only criminals and cops are allowed to carry in philly. I believe the public need to be allowed to carry in philly to even the odds.

I've never heard of this and traveling to pihlly often is the 2nd reason i got my permit and a glock..

LadyJame

Established Member
I've never heard of this and traveling to pihlly often is the 2nd reason i got my permit and a glock..

I may be mistaken, but I thought the law stated that citizens were not permitted to carry concealed in a first class city (Philly, Pittsburgh). Paul knows the law in and out, I'll ask him.

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
im pretty sure thats not true, my buddy just got a permit to carry and he lives in philly. i know it took a good amount of time for him to get it. one of the first things im doing when i turn 21 next month is getting a carrying permit.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I may be mistaken, but I thought the law stated that citizens were not permitted to carry concealed in a first class city (Philly, Pittsburgh). Paul knows the law in and out, I'll ask him.

I'm waiting to hear... I always carry when I go to Philadelphia. I have a permit and have always thought it was legit to carry in the city. :rockon:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I only like going to south Philadelphia if i ever go to the city.

North Philadelphia is such a shit hole. This particular place in philly (Kensington section) is quite the example. Its a shame that a 30yr old cop had to die for no good reason, but i hope if they didnt kill the bastard that he gets ****ed up in jail

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
In Pennsylvania, persons whom are not prohibited by law from owning firearms may openly carry a handgun in plain sight with no license except in a vehicle, cities of first class ( Philadelphia ) and where prohibited specifically by the statute. You can CC with a permit.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Wow...for all this time I thought you couldn't carry in philly even with a concealed permit. I gotta be honest though, I'm still not completely convinced.

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
the only problem i here about people carrying in philly, is if you do get caught with it, even being legal, they take your gun, they say there gonna run it in the system to check it out. most people dont even try to get them back because it cost more money in court fees, ect. then the gun is worth.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
the only problem i here about people carrying in philly, is if you do get caught with it, even being legal, they take your gun, they say there gonna run it in the system to check it out. Most people dont even try to get them back because it cost more money in court fees, ect. Then the gun is worth.

+1

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
the only problem i here about people carrying in philly, is if you do get caught with it, even being legal, they take your gun, they say there gonna run it in the system to check it out. most people dont even try to get them back because it cost more money in court fees, ect. then the gun is worth.

You have to go to court to get back a legally owned firearm? Damn, that sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread