Philly Cheesesteak Run 4/11/09

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Mike

This cruise is on almost 20 forums, I've seen it on 5 so far

Yeah, that's not good. I didn't think it was that popular when I heard about it. Sounds like a fun cruise for the day. With this much notice, there will be PoPo everywhere. And this late in the day will be some trafique. We'll see.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, that's not good. I didn't think it was that popular when I heard about it. Sounds like a fun cruise for the day. With this much notice, there will be PoPo everywhere. And this late in the day will be some trafique. We'll see.

Secret MACA cruise to Sonic in Fredricksburg instead...

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It better be a torque BEAST if it's gonna get out in front of Scott's 996, let me tell ya...

He made my Cobra look like a Cobalt last summer! :bowdown:

LOL, yeah well you are a bit shy of 600+ at the rear I think. Nothing against Scott's toy though, I'd trade my cobra for one faster than you could finish asking me, but still.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Carlo, before you go to Newark swing up to my house and pick me up j/k. This would a great chance to break the new clutch in as long as I'm not away that weekend I'd be in for this.

Hahaha, let's hit up the track that morning and break in the clutch properly!

We broke in my clutch on the dyno. :rockon:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok, so the guy who's running this has posted it here:
6SpeedOnline
Absolutely Driven
Bimmerforums
E46Fanatics
MD Patriot Stangs
MD Street Scene
Mischief
Modded Mustangs
NASIOC
Rspeed
mazdas247
e90post
M3Post
SVTPerformance
SIRacing
Eastern Fbody
MP Mustangs
LS1tech
LS1.com
SRT Forums
Z28forums
Fbody Hideout
CMF Performance
East Coast Boost
VAdriven
NJ Tuners
Fast LSX
SRT 4mation
Mercurymarauder.net
G35driver.com
LegacyGT.com
Mazda3Forums

LOL, I think he might get a few people to show up. But he told me he'd call ahead and warn them so they don't run out of cheese steaks anyway..

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Damn...they'll run out of cheese steaks..then I'd be pissed! Drive all that way and no sub...it'd be a damn shame I tell ya.

We'll go to Scores if they don't have any cheese steaks

Ok, so the guy who's running this has posted it here:
6SpeedOnline
Absolutely Driven
Bimmerforums
E46Fanatics
MD Patriot Stangs
MD Street Scene
Mischief
Modded Mustangs
NASIOC
Rspeed
mazdas247
e90post
M3Post
SVTPerformance
SIRacing
Eastern Fbody
MP Mustangs
LS1tech
LS1.com
SRT Forums
Z28forums
Fbody Hideout
CMF Performance
East Coast Boost
VAdriven
NJ Tuners
Fast LSX
SRT 4mation
Mercurymarauder.net
G35driver.com
LegacyGT.com
Mazda3Forums

LOL, I think he might get a few people to show up. But he told me he'd call ahead and warn them so they don't run out of cheese steaks anyway..

Holy shit!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
If I'm free, I'd like to join in on this.

There's these two competing cheesesteak places in South Philly called Pats, and Gino's, right across the street from each other.
My daughter goes to Temple U, and lives in an apt just a few blocks from there, and we had our first Pat's sub a few weeks ago.
MMMMMmmmmmm....

But the roads suck around there. Oh well.

Cheesesteaks

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
We'll go to Scores if they don't have any cheese steaks

It's looking like most of the youngin's (BMWs) will be doing the OTHER event that day in PA. Big annual meet-up. I hope so. They aren't fond of running with anyone but BMWs. Jason, may disagree on some level, but you know what I mean. The 6speed group is pretty tight and has no snobery towards anyone for any reason. Hell, half the guys I know over there came from Cobras anyway.

Only time will tell how this is going to turn out. I am absolutely up for running from College Park to Baltimore and seeing what is in store. If it looks questionable then Jason hit it on the head. We stay in Baltimore and go to Scores for a yummy lunch. Then do our own afternoon cruise.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
It's looking like most of the youngin's (BMWs) will be doing the OTHER event that day in PA. Big annual meet-up. I hope so. They aren't fond of running with anyone but BMWs. Jason, may disagree on some level, but you know what I mean. The 6speed group is pretty tight and has no snobery towards anyone for any reason. Hell, half the guys I know over there came from Cobras anyway.

Only time will tell how this is going to turn out. I am absolutely up for running from College Park to Baltimore and seeing what is in store. If it looks questionable then Jason hit it on the head. We stay in Baltimore and go to Scores for a yummy lunch. Then do our own afternoon cruise.

One thing is for sure....There is a very nice establishment just around the corner from Tony Lukes!

qwikhuh

Established Member
If Tony Lukes is packed Dalessandro's is only 20 min away and IMHO has THE best steaks in Philly!

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
The 6 Speed crowd is unique but the younger guys are the ones to steer clear from what I observed and overheard. Overall, a good bunch and had a great time

Scott, let's do the cruise to Philly. Hit the establishment around the corner and head home.

Users who are viewing this thread