Phantom's or UltraLite's??

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I am adding a boost/vacuum gauge and a fuel pressure gauge. I would really like the Lunar's, but they don't offer the boost guage I want. (15 lb.) The Phantom has a very nice white face with a black bezel that looks like it will go with my Speed of Sound pillar very nicely. With the green bulbs, I'm guessing they will be a close match at night too. Has anyone tried the Phantom gauges? Any opinions??

The reason I want the 15 lb boost guage is my car will never need anything more than that and it is very easy to read compared to a 20 or 30 lb boost guage. It's an electric guage that uses MAP sensor that can be installed behind the glove box next to where you tap into the factory line. Should be a slick install. The electric also has "peak" and "warning" settings along with a data logger if you so choose.

ALA G8R

Banned
Nothing personal, but I don't understand why folks want two boost gauges unless you are going above 16 lbs of boost. Why don't you just use the factory boost gauge with Ray Hilton's overlay. That is good for up to 16lbs.

I am in the process of installing the Phantom electric fuel pressure gauge and a Dynojet WBC in an Autometer instrument panel two gauge bezel.

You are right on with the Phantom gauges. They match the stock gauges very nicely. You can pick pick between clear, green, or red backlighting. I think I am going with clear.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
GOT SVT said:
that is the set up i have in my car

speed of sound with phantoms

Do you like the Phantom guages? Do they seem to blend in well?

The reason I want the boost guage is for the vacuum side that it adds. I know, doesn't make much sense. I wouldn't mind an A/F meter instead, but all the Autometer ones are basically light shows that don't give you much information as to your true A/F ratio. I think there are better things out there for that than the Autometer guage.

WDW MKR

Established Member
To add another opinion to the mix, I think the silver Ulta-Lites match the silver factory gauges better then either of the white-faced gauges (Phantom and Lunar)! :-D

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
I'm going with phantom for my boost gauge, but only because it is the closest match for the gauge that comes with the wideband commander... :)

Users who are viewing this thread