Can anyone vouch for this product??

Looks pretty cool if it actually works!

Any info is appreciated!

EDIT: Fixed link

Last edited by a moderator:

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I'm sure it can't scramble anything, if it did it would violate FCC laws. So therefore it must be passive, so it maybe could confuse a radar from 1970 but I doubt could do anything to a new one.

Bosko

Established Member
It constantly sends out signal bogous radar signals. And I belive it is legal, Except here in California. I belive the FCC gets involved if the signal exceeds a certian distance.
I had a K-40 UN300SWL Radar/Lazer system in my old stang and I had it taken out and put in my 03. It works great, I have had it for a few years now and havent gotten a speeding ticket in that time and if I do they pay for it. I highly recomend it. Ohh the best part almost forgot. Its Completly Build into the car. now wires hanging anywhere, the only down side is its a little pricey. Ill post pictures of what you can see if you care to see.

http://www.k40.com

Cobra'03

Established Member
I am an EE, and tested two versions of the earlier models - they did exactly nothing - the whole thing looked like a bad science project, and the smell of snake oil was in the air. I tend to believe that the 3rd apple does not fall far from the other two. If it indeed does what it says, it would violate FCC laws, and the reason that the Feds have not come after them before is because it does not do what it claims. I cannot vouch for the III, but this is Snoresville as far as I am concerned based on prior experience. Course, they may have finally gotten it right, but I am doubtful.

If anyone at Phantom wants to send a unit to be tested by a degreed EE using the facilities of a Fortune 5 company's R&D Lab, bring it on.

Can you hear the crickets?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I saw a test of several jammers a year or so ago, and the results were NOT impressive. The only one proven to work WAS illegal, and could only be sold in an unassembled kit. Also, it only worked for a few seconds at a time (you had to activate it when the detector went off) because it overheated or something.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
"Amen" on the Passport.

Gotta love that hardwired telephone line style setup.:beer:
Saved me money from buying the kit through them.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Bosko
It constantly sends out signal bogous radar signals. And I belive it is legal, Except here in California. I belive the FCC gets involved if the signal exceeds a certian distance.
I had a K-40 UN300SWL Radar/Lazer system in my old stang and I had it taken out and put in my 03. It works great, I have had it for a few years now and havent gotten a speeding ticket in that time and if I do they pay for it. I highly recomend it. Ohh the best part almost forgot. Its Completly Build into the car. now wires hanging anywhere, the only down side is its a little pricey. Ill post pictures of what you can see if you care to see.

http://www.k40.com

Had K40 in 2 cars for 4 years, no tickets. Before K40 1 year had 3 tickets. However, the deterence of getting slammed in court had little effect on my driving. The K40 works excellent, highly recommended.

genus5033

Established Member
I've got a Passport 8500 and at 140mph the notification time is damn short! Really good at under 100 though. So.....just how good WOULD the Valentine 1 be at 140? 160? Yep, these speeds mean jail time and suspension so who DOES make one that works at these speeds?? THAT'S when a radar detector really earns it keep isn't it?? Yeah, go ahead and TRY amd tell me YOU don't go there!

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by genus5033
I've got a Passport 8500 and at 140mph the notification time is damn short! Really good at under 100 though. So.....just how good WOULD the Valentine 1 be at 140? 160? Yep, these speeds mean jail time and suspension so who DOES make one that works at these speeds?? THAT'S when a radar detector really earns it keep isn't it?? Yeah, go ahead and TRY amd tell me YOU don't go there!

At high speeds, sensitivity is the Key Perf Indicator (KPI). On X-Band, that has been the V1. You have to be smart with an RD - do not run in the open, look for spray back from other cars up ahead. I have been clean since 1978 and I assure you I have had both the motive and the cars to get in serious trouble. It would be nice if we could develop a stealth car - maybe have the body panels sheathed in radar absorbing material.

And by the way - mod that signature: Ford GT is the new name of the Big Dog. Who will get it first (likely you based on your $$ comitment). :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread