Petty Driving Experience

03CobraDude

Went to Kansas City over the weekend and had a blast. I normally drive some go-carts on an indoor track, but my parents had something up their sleeves. Turns out I got my early 18th B-day present. We're on our way to an outdoor mall that is near the Kansas Speedway, and my dad starts to slow down at one of the Speedway's entrances. I opened my mouth and asked my dad if he was on crack, because he was not going the right way. My mother then turns around and shows me the papers for the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

I just about shit myself. We got there, did all the fun stuff, and I eventually got to drive one of the cars. That was the most fun I've had in a while. My top speed was about 135 after 8 laps, but it sure didn't seem that fast. Out of my group, the highest top speed and the lowest top speed were only three miles per hour difference. That was definitely a great experience! Needless to say, it was an awesome weekend.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
That is awesome! I wish I had the opportunity to do something like that. Happy early birthday!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
i knew someone that had that as their job..

they were an instructor for lowes motor speedway...badass job to have nonetheless

sometimes i'll drive down to daytona on the days they are open for it, just to watch the cars go around

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
You are right it is a blast. My dad and I do it every year. We have driven, Texas, Atlanta, Talledega and Daytona. I look forward to it every year.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I'd love to do that. Best I got was bribing the attendant at a go-kart track to tie down the governor. Beat everyone else on the track that day.....

NEOH1

Established Member
I was only able to do the ride along for $50 via the W's gift to me. It was still a blast and they took the entire family on the track in a van for free. :)

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
I did that at the Kansas speed way. I think my top speed was 138. The ride along was a trip as well.

convert03cobra

Established Member
I did the Buck Baker driving experience at Bristol, TN on the 1/2 track. It was so much fun and gives you a real appreciation for nascar drivers. A great experience and a must for any racer enthusiast! Also, happy belated birthday by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread