Petition high gas prices..do something!

bullitt5177

I Eat Rice
Established Member
Just don't buy from Exxon or Mobil. That will drive the prices down, but other than that, who cares? Is 3% really going to make a huge difference anyways?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
OK first off boycotting exxon will do nothing. they made 8.4 billion dollars allready in 06. so you and 80% of america is going to have to go on a 100% strike well into 07 and that still wont do it. My g/f's grandfather is the ceo of Exxon. and he says they are trying to keep costs down, and he said if iran comes thru with more oil it will go down this summer .50-$1 in price. it will also help when all the rigs out in galveston are back to 100% working order.

-Paul

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
SVT F15O said:
:bs:

But if it is true, tell him I think he is a piece of shit!
BS all you want, my every other gas fill up is free. Her whole family gets free gas. Trust me im telling her to get on his ass about gas prices.

CWD

Established Member
It may not hurt!

bullitt5177 said:
Just don't buy from Exxon or Mobil. That will drive the prices down, but other than that, who cares? Is 3% really going to make a huge difference anyways?
The rest of the message is clear in the petition however. Petition your Representatives in Washington too if you can. It is a lot supply and demand so 3% would be a start. My Cobra, well not a DD and two years old and less than 5K on it. I drive the old cheap "Beater car" LOL!

Coiled03

Established Member
95KBGT said:
OK first off boycotting exxon will do nothing. they made 8.4 billion dollars allready in 06. so you and 80% of america is going to have to go on a 100% strike well into 07 and that still wont do it. My g/f's grandfather is the ceo of Exxon. and he says they are trying to keep costs down, and he said if iran comes thru with more oil it will go down this summer .50-$1 in price. it will also help when all the rigs out in galveston are back to 100% working order.

-Paul

If he's really the CEO of Exxon, he wouldn't be dumb enough to think Iran is coming through with jack shit in the face of pending UN sanctions.

gotwood

Established Member
Coiled03 said:

If he's really the CEO of Exxon, he wouldn't be dumb enough to think Iran is coming through with jack shit in the face of pending UN sanctions.
Thats what Im thinking. plus, China and India are two huge factors in the equasion that are buying up as much oil as they can get their hands on.Supply and demand, more demand, less supply = higher gas prices. We need a new fuel source period. I believe ethenol is the answer to this problem.It is fairly inexpensive to convert current engines to burn it, and it can be produced fairly easily. Look at Brazil, and how they have done with it after the 70's oil embargo.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
95KBGT said:

-Paul

Tell him to release the info on how much they really pay for a barrel of oil.
They claim $72 a barrel for light sweet crude and that's what they base gas prices on.

Too bad they buy and refine more sour crude than anything else!
They buy that stuff for a hell of alot less.

That's why they can make all those record profits.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
My family owns an Exxon (old school service station with 3 bays) and I can tell you that boycotting Exxon's will do nothing but hurt the economy. The retailers aren't making any money on the gas, we make about 5 cents per gallon, boycotting us will put American's out of jobs and do nothing for cutting fuel prices.

gotwood

Established Member
My mothers uncle,half brothers mothers half indian uncles sister from my mothers side brother owns microsoft. Just thought everyone should know.

spinscan

Established Member
The price of oil affects everything, not just what you pay for gasoline. Even if you don't own a car you will still be paying more for most other goods and services. This is not good for anyone except the oil companies, and f--k them

Users who are viewing this thread