Pete Rose Back in Baseball?

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
:) ! AMEN !

As a hgue reds fan all my life ! It sickens me that baseball parades Pete Rose at All Star Games and everything else for there profit. But wouldn't even let Pete Rose play in the old timers game for the last day at Cinergy field where he broke the hit record ! Come on home Charlie Hustle ! Come coach the (Triple A) Reds to hopefully 10 years of 500 baseball (high excepectations there) ! :)

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Hell, whether he bet on the game or not, someone got all those hits, and his name is PETE ROSE! The last card show I saw Pete at (which I took my son to so he could meet one of the all-time greats I told Pete that next time I see him I wanna be in Cooperstown for his induction ceremony.

-norcal_cobra

Ripper

Established Member
I goto the same barber that pete rose used to go too.. 7 dollars a haircut ! :) There is something that I can relate to pete rose. He is a hard nose blue collar hard worker ! Non left in the game like him ! After everything Pete Rose has gone through from being banned from baseball to being thrown in ?Jail for tax evasion he could still be the Mayor of cincy ! :)

450allstars70.jpg

Heheheheh he even played all out in All Star Games.. Do you think you'll ever see anyone else take out a catcher in an all star game ? :)

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Charlie Hustle vs. Ray Fosse
And the winner is.... Pete Rose!

That's what was so great about Pete. Arguably, he wasn't te most talented player in terms of physical ability, but he made up for it with heart. He gave hope to every fan out there. Pete was just another fan who happened to get a shot in 'the bigs' and he became one of the greatest ever because he had heart and the desire to win and be great. Most players thought of the all-star game as just some exhibition for the fans. But Pete played to win in every game, including the all-star game. Pete Rocks!

-norcal_cobra

Ripper

Established Member
AMEN ! ! ! :beer: To PETE !

If he is reinstated and he goes to any other teams but the Reds it will be like a swift kick to the Nads ! I don't think there is too many players even close to Pete Rose's tenacicty ! Kinda mixed though ! Reds need a manager and if he's reinstated he's going to be thrown in one of the worst jobs in MLB because of the ownership and is sure to fail ! But could never imagine seeing Pete Rose in another uniform but the Reds uniform (even though he was a phillie and a brief stin with the expos) was born, raised, and kicked ass in Cincy ! Well Anywasy To Pete ! And if he is reinstated i'll be the first one to buy a ticket to have a standing ovation for the Legend ! :)

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
And if he is reinstated i'll be the first one to buy a ticket to have a standing ovation for the Legend ! :)

This is why I've postponed my pilgrimage to Cooperstown thus far. Though not a Reds fan (Braves fan here), I wouldn't feel right about paying to get into the Hall of Fame if Pete Rose wasn't present and acknowledged. Be assured, he'll go in as Reds player #14 for sure if they let him in. Being from CA with all this governor recall stuff going on made me think. Baseball should recall Butt Selig and make Pete Rose the next commissioner!

-norcal_cobra

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
A lot of players in the Hall of Fame have done worse things than bet on the game. While he may have been abrasive and caused some of his own problems, he definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. 17 year all star I believe. My family and I go watch his kid play 3rd base occasionally. Pete Rose Jr. plays for the Joliet Jackhammers. We went a couple weeks ago and missed seeing Pete Rose throw out the first pitch by one day. There were rumors around the park that Pete Rose might be reinstated soon.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Angels fan for life, but I believe that baseball without Pete Rose is what is called soft ball.

I will never go to Cooperstown until Pete is reinstated and nominated.:mj: :gt:

Last edited:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
While I think Pete Rose should be in the haal of fame and allowed to take part in allstar cerimonies, old timer games, and the like. I do not think he should be allowed to couch. He continues to gamble and even if he only bets on his team to win it still could effect his descision making ie: leaving a pitcher in to long, pitching on short rest leaving a guy in that might need a break to heal something before it gets to be a major problem. OK flame suite on.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Wow twenty four hours and no one told me Im wrong very suprised. could this be the first time in seven years (got married) I win an aurgument.

Users who are viewing this thread