Personal Experience with TBR / Lund / Vortech

Deerslayer

Established Member
When we decided to add a supercharger to this car, we did a lot of research in reading everything we could. We decided with the car being a daily driver that we really wanted a car that could drive normally under normal everyday driving, yet when you want to punch it, it would knock your socks off.
We decided a centri would best fit our needs. Checked with a couple of places and when I called Terry @ Team Beefcake Racing, the decision who to go with was clear. We discussed what kind of goals we had for the car and Terry made me a GREAT deal on customizing the order exactly like we wanted it. His price was unbeatable too.
Ordered everything and within a week, everything was showing up. Included was tuning with Lund Racing. Having heard about Lund, I felt comfortable with this though I had used MPT in the past with success.
Once everything was here, we got a free weekend and my son and I began the install. Even having a simple question over the weekend for something, and Terry was right there on the phone to clarify something for us. Install was completed on the weekend and we loaded the Lund Base Tune and opened our remote tuning session with Jon Lund II.
I say in retrospect that the remote tuning system Lund has set up is incredibly easy and FAST. The car ran great upon the base tune. Did the logs they wanted, and attached them on the session. Got our first revision in an hour and loaded it and did some more logs at the end of the day yesterday. This morning, we logged back in and Jon had another revision waiting for us. Loaded that and made a couple more logs. Each time sending them in and Jon replying within 20min. Finally got to do some WOT pulls and geez.....this thing is a rocket ship. Data logs sent in and she was still a tad rich. One more revision to load and we will do a couple more pulls this evening with the new tune.
I have to say, In doing business with all kinds of people in many different things, both Terry and Jon are the best at what they do and have made this experience a breeze to do ourselves. We are not a shop, just car guys that like doing stuff ourselves.
I will unequivocally say that if ANYONE is looking to supercharge your ride, you will not find a better deal or better people to do business with than these two companies.
Thanks TBR and Lund! Awesome experience

V1_zpse3dac535.jpg

IMG_4139_zpsa1711e63.jpeg

[video=youtube;xb-aU3GMz7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-aU3GMz7I&list=UUEA2c3odMFfIcbV1v_0IvCg[/video]

nycarpenter

Established Member
Jon has tuned all my Mustangs. I can say he gets busy at times and you may have to wait a few days but you get what you pay for. Terry at beefcake is a solid guy and I am sorry to say my Roush kit did not come from him but you live and learn.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Jon has tuned all my Mustangs. I can say he gets busy at times and you may have to wait a few days but you get what you pay for. Terry at beefcake is a solid guy and I am sorry to say my Roush kit did not come from him but you live and learn.

still happy to help with anything you need.

Wish my dad did something like this with me! Good review and story.

yes, very cool.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Exactly my experience with TBR. Has always answered my questions and honest about the answers. He will be my source from here on out. Look forward to installing my kit and tuning through Lund. P.S. Put that thing on a dyno for some numbers!

Deerslayer

Established Member
We did. She made 636.49rwhp and 469.13 tq. Car runs like a dream. Super smooth idle, no stalls, no surging, just stock-like until you get on the throttle and she goes into beast mode. Could not be happier with our decision on this purchase. For a Do-it-yourself project, it is awesome. We have used the car on two long trips now and it gets 21-22mpg on the highway even with the 3:73 rear end. That is averaging about 80ish mph

Here is our Dyno Pull:

[video=youtube;1FKfdq24pyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKfdq24pyc&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKfdq24pyc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

DynoRun_zps3251c476.jpg

Only problem I have is I don't think Beefcake included everything pictured in the kit! wtf
VortechRbetter_zpsda9c03ed.jpg

Last edited:

GBCoyote

Established Member
Great numbers! How many psi are you at with the Boss manifold and intake upgrade? Stock pulley or...? I hate that Terry cheated you like that, false advertisement lol.

Deerslayer

Established Member
Stock Pulley, JLT Intake, We have our boost gauge and vent bracket, just have not had a chance to install it. We have been out of town with the car as we are right in the middle of his tournament schedule. Now back, for a couple of weeks, we have quite a few things waiting to install. (Brakes/rotors, new wheels & boost gauge)
We finished blacking out the engine bay and installing the lower grill delete.

EngineBay1_zpsfb35770e.jpg

Smile_zpsdd3344b9.jpg

Louvers3_zps72b5f530.jpg

Deerslayer

Established Member
Terry,
Now that we are nearing 2k on the Vortech, should we do our oil change on the head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread