Performance Wise, Already

Stevarino8

Established Member
So when comparing the stock SVT Focus to the stock SVT Contour performance wise which is the better?

Parts wise the Focus has more availability, no?

I have the SVT Focus however I must admit the SVT Contour seems to have a better following amongst the owners. There must be a reason for that.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I have never been in a FSVT, but I remember back when they came out this was a hot topic of debate. IMO, the cars were about equal stock v stock.

LightningLou

Established Member
Pretty sure stock for stock the CSVT is just a bit quicker than the SVTF but not by much. The SVTF is definitely way more supported by the aftermarket industry, unfortunately. :(

Stevarino8

Established Member
I guess the light weight of the Focus makes it competitive with the stronger V-6, I am pleasantly surprised. Once the extended warranty is up in April I will invest in a chip for my SVTF. In the meantime I will have to look for EAP seats and panels.

4GTNSVT

Hatin' In My Free Time
Established Member
They are pretty close stock for stock the focus handles alot better but the contour is quicker in a drag race although not by much. Fastest time I ran in the contour was 15.5 @89. The fastest I ran in the Focus was 15.7@88.

Stevarino8

Established Member
So with the extra weight of the three-liter Ford engine does it not throw off the handling of the SVTC? Do you do anything to compensate or it is not much of an issue?

csvtjohnga

Established Member
Added weight of the 3L is not enough to make a difference. Buy a SVT Focus and throw in a fully built 3L, its doable.

Users who are viewing this thread