Performance Shops in NorCal Bay Area

MisterChrome

Established Member
Do you guys know of or use a reputable performance shop for Terminators in the NorCal Bay Area. I know of AED but they are outside of the Bay past Sac. Looking for recommendations within the Bay that specialize or have a great reputation with working on Terminators doing Dyno-tunes, service, performance parts install, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated, guys.

Thanks

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL bro there are none.. I promise you.. I've been down this path 8 years ago.. They are all shit, and all get sent to AED at one point or another.. I've personally seen 5 TPS/Borelli cars up at AED.. Mustang Ranch deals with old school stuff too.

Is there a issue with going up to AED? If it's just getting the car up there I can take care of that part for you if need be.. I'd rather take my time to get your car up to AED and do it right, vise have you go through what I went through with the so called shops down here in the bay..

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Don't waste any time and money having something done lovely. Make the drive to AED and be forever thankful

dunndeal

Established Member
What is and where is AED?

I acquired my late brother's F-150 that has a built 5.4 with Navigator heads and a Whipple blower. I'd like to get it looked at by people who understand these things.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
AED is the best shop in norcal hands down when it comes to new age mustangs. I would recommend calling they to discuss what your plans are an then decide if you want to go with AED.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Nextgen in Hayward they do dyno tuning and modifications .If you're looking for local that's all there is other than that it's AED

MisterChrome

Established Member
Yea looks like AED may the place to go. I wanted to see if there was anything closer because AED is a long drive so it'd be kind of a pain to go drop it off, get a ride and drive all the way back and then repeat to pick it up. I've also been hearing that their prices have gone up a lot and they've become hard to deal with. I don't know how true this is since I've heard great things about them, which is why I am here asking more reliable sources to back up their work

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'd like to know who said they are hard to deal with lol.. They aren't hard to deal with.. BUT they won't put shit parts on a car.. That I do know. They do things their way as their way will make the cars last.. Plain and simple.. and IMO I want my car to last..

You look at Borelli Motorsports they are in upwards of 150/hr iirc.. and then you'll have to take it to AED to get it right anyways lol

SVTPete83

Established Member
Yea looks like AED may the place to go. I wanted to see if there was anything closer because AED is a long drive so it'd be kind of a pain to go drop it off, get a ride and drive all the way back and then repeat to pick it up. I've also been hearing that their prices have gone up a lot and they've become hard to deal with. I don't know how true this is since I've heard great things about them, which is why I am here asking more reliable sources to back up their work
Hard to deal with. Not in my opinion. Prices gone up? I dunno. They have always been expensive I suppose. When I bring my car there, expense is the last thing on my mind. You get what you pay for!

MisterChrome

Established Member
I'd like to know who said they are hard to deal with lol.. They aren't hard to deal with.. BUT they won't put shit parts on a car.. That I do know. They do things their way as their way will make the cars last.. Plain and simple.. and IMO I want my car to last..

You look at Borelli Motorsports they are in upwards of 150/hr iirc.. and then you'll have to take it to AED to get it right anyways lol

Well those were exactly my thoughts and I wanted to hear it from others as well. Looks like AED it is.

Que

Swapped99saleen
Established Member
Yeah AED is about all we got here in Nor cal and their the best. Two guys I know just had 4v swaps done one used Borelliol or however you spell it, he's pissed said his car back fires on the highway and cant wait to get to AED and get a tune. The sad part is they probably wont touch it cause its a hot mess. The other guy used the Ranch and they just went through a BK he has check engine lights like crazy that he's trying to clear so he can go see smog referee, then he'll attempt to go to AED with another hot mess. Just to it once and do it right the first time AED!

SAMACH1

Established Member
Advanced Auto and Electric, San Ramon, CA... Daniel and Dan know their shit, whole shop if full of mustangs and other performance cars...... Only shop I let work on my car in the BAY AREA.... AED is a great shop is well , I use them for tuning. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread