performance sho

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
As for the 3rd Gen SHO I love that style SHO..There much nicer cars then the last two genatrations. I didnt think so till you drive one. that V8 sounds awsome sure there not as fast as a Manual SHO but I bet there just as fast if not faster than a automatic 2nd Gen SHO. If you get the cams welded then you will have no problems with that issue there a lot more relayable than the preavious genarations you dont have to tear into them every 60K miles just every 100K. Im actually on the lookout for a 3rd Gen if I can find one for a good price and nice looking I would pick it up in a heartbeat.
(this is 94BlueSHO my brother didnt log off on his name sorry)

Last edited:

blue92

Established Member
02JoeGhost said:
but I bet there just as fast if not faster than a automatic 2nd Gen SHO.

NO your wrong the gen 2 ATX is faster especially from a dig.

If you get the cams welded then you will have no problems with that issue there a lot more relayable than the preavious genarations you dont have to tear into them every 60K miles just every 100K.

wrong again, there's no broken cam problems with the gen1s or gen2s and it's been found that most gen1&2s haven't had their 1st 60k maintenance till way after 140k. Plus working on a gen3 is way harder than the gen1&2s. In order to replace the back 4 spark plugs on a gen3 you have to take the 2 intakes off the engine to get to the plugs.

I own a 92 MTX and a 93 ATX and both SHOs got their 1st 60k at over 140k. I'm also the moderator for the DFW SHO Club so I know what other members have done with their SHOs when it comes to maintenance most of the guys in my club bought their SHOs used with over 100k and found that there was little to no maintenance done to them before they had bought them. A gen1 or 2 will do just fine doing the 1st 60k at 120k.

Also there is another SHO board on the net if you need SHO info.

www.fordbastards.org

stevemainian

Established Member
blue92 said:
NO your wrong the gen 2 ATX is faster especially from a dig.

Thats what everyone thinks, but if anything theyre about equal. I remember several stock vs. stock races. They pretty much stayed side by side.

the yamaha v8 sounds good.

blue92

Established Member
stevemainian said:
Thats what everyone thinks, but if anything theyre about equal. I remember several stock vs. stock races. They pretty much stayed side by side.

I'm a member of LSSHOC (Lone Star SHO Club) this club has been doing Fun Runs since 92 I've been a member since 2000 part of the fun runs is always some drag racing. In heads up drag racing year after year the gen3s lost every race, but that's just what I've witnessed.

the yamaha v8 sounds good.

I'll give ya that they do sound good fact almost bought one myself but my mechanic told me what kinda piece of crap they are mechanically you have to take the top half of the engine off just to change the spark plugs and a gen3 isn't a home mechanic freindly engine to work on. There's only like 4 really good gen3 mechanics in the entire US. A gen3 isn't a car you can take to your corner mechanic for service shi† even Ford won't work on em.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
blue92 said:
I'll give ya that they do sound good fact almost bought one myself but my mechanic told me what kinda piece of crap they are mechanically you have to take the top half of the engine off just to change the spark plugs and a gen3 isn't a home mechanic freindly engine to work on. There's only like 4 really good gen3 mechanics in the entire US. A gen3 isn't a car you can take to your corner mechanic for service shi† even Ford won't work on em.
The only reason the Gen III is a PITA to work on is because its stuff into that engine bay. Its the same as a 2.5L Duratech. And they are really simply engines mechnically speaking. Removing the intake isn't such a big deal for spark plugs...it could be worse.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
RTStabler51 said:
Not all are directional, the 91/92 Slicers are all the same, I believe 93 was the first year where they made them for a specific side of the car. One set was made in Canada, the other in Italy. I can't remember which is which.

You are correct sir :)

sho7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread