Performance of Steeda Frame Rail / Torque Box Braces?

ForgotMyUsrname

Established Member
fkbm1y.png

For $245, they're quite steep. Anyone have any experience on these?

86merc

Established Member
I noticed some squeaking and noise in the rear door jamb area over bump, some turns and sometimes when just pulling away from a stop. I installed these and they went away.

Last edited:

ForgotMyUsrname

Established Member
I noticed some squeaking and noise in the rear door jamb area over bump, some turns and sometimes when just pulling away from a stop. I installed these and they went away.

Noted that they're good squeak eliminators. Does the car seem to be more rigid otherwise?

86merc

Established Member
I can't really say I could tell. Not like when you added subframe connectors on a t top foxbody. That's for sure. But I put this on right after I purchased the car. So no road course type throwing the car around before and after install for a comparison.

The S197 is pretty rigid. But if it isn't squeaking and making noises like before it must be because things are not moving, at least not as much, as before. I also wanted to support the lower control arm mount. Being I drag and road race it I figured it would be a good idea to do that. After I installed mine someone else made one that used the lower control arm bolt to mount the brace. I thought it was Lethal but I just looked and their's looks a lot like the Steeda unit. So it may have been someone else.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I have them. They got rid of a few sqeeks I was having when I was going over bumps. Other than that, couldn't tell a difference. The S197 bodies are really stiff from the factory, as is. These are really not needed for a bolt on, street car.

Looks like you have some suspension stuff done to your car, I would add them to your car. These or stifflers subframe connectors.

ForgotMyUsrname

Established Member
Looks like you have some suspension stuff done to your car, I would add them to your car. These or stifflers subframe connectors.

I want this thing as stiff as possible, but if a $245 part doesn't help I can not spend that $245 here and use it on other stuff. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread