Performance Friction Z-Rated Brake Pads #0412.10?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
My local AutoZone does not carry them, much less have the part number in their database. Special order at Kragen for $96.99 a pair. Anyone know of anyplace else I can get them? Online, perhaps?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
My local AutoZone does not carry them, much less have the part number in their database. Special order at Kragen for $96.99 a pair. Anyone know of anyplace else I can get them? Online, perhaps?

Are there other brake pad options?

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
would these work?

PFC-Z-RATED BRAKE PAD/SHOE - FRONT for a 2001 FORD MUSTANG COBRA

Unit Price: $69.99
Core Value*: $0.00
Part No.: 412Z
Weight: 3.95 lbs.
Warranty: LLT
Availability: Online: Ships within 2 business days
Store: Normally Stocked

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Perhaps. Contact information, please
icon_smile.gif

coleman

Established Member
that was from autozone's web-site.
they don't list anything for 2003 cobras, but i think the 2001's are the same.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Very good, very good...A PF rep hinted the same. Thanks much, Coleman :) .

coleman

Established Member
and autozone has a lifetime warranty, right? :thumbsup:

Bingo13 gave me a set for free & I like them well enough to start using them from now on! :beer:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
i just got done putting on the Raybestos ceramic pads, price is about the same as the pads stated above. The best thing is NO dust!! Its nice not having to clean your wheels everytime you get home from driving. I dont remember the exact part numbers but they list them on the Raybestos website...just make sure you get the ones listed for an 01 Cobra cuz i dont think they list a ceramic pad for the 03's

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I had the PFC Z rated pads on the front for less than a week after the Hawk pads were worn out. I didn't like the feel of the PFC Z rated pads at all. They don't have a matching compound for the rear and had even comments from their tech support about the fact that the compound is not radical enough for the 03 Cobra. The 01 Cobra pad will fit in 03 Cobra. I learned of this when I replaced the stock pads with Hawks, the same model fit 98 to 03 Cobras, so when I was needing new pads, Autozone didn't have anything listed for the 03, so I had them look under 01 and went with the PFC Z rated pads as a replacement for the Hawk pads I wore out. I did wish that I could have stayed with them since that lifetime warranty would sure be nice. It just didn't have the same stopping power, when I had to get on the brakes, the comfort zone of where I would stop was longer with the PFC pads.

Once you have a more agressive pad such as Hawk, or EPS, the PFC Z pads wouldn't seem the same. Instead of the PFC Z rated, you should go with an 01 or 97 compound for the agressive stopping ability.

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Concerns over excessive rotor wear prompted my decision to go with the PFC-Z over HPS pads. Are those concerns warranted? Has anyone with the HPS pads experienced excessive wear with our rotors?

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Concerns over excessive rotor wear prompted my decision to go with the PFC-Z over HPS pads. Are those concerns warranted? Has anyone with the HPS pads experienced excessive wear with our rotors?

Dont know about wear yet, but my hps squeak like a MOFO:gt: I am ditching them soon, I cant take it anymore.

jason

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
and autozone has a lifetime warranty, right? :thumbsup:

Bingo13 gave me a set for free & I like them well enough to start using them from now on! :beer:

I was in one of those drunken stupors again. ;-) Glad they are working well. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread