Performance Engine shop

jkattchee

Established Member
Does anyone know a good performance engine shop in Houston Tx. For things like doing an overbore and stroke kit on a coyote and all other necessary fixes like rotating assembly and whatnot. Any help would be appreciated.

Voltwings

Established Member
Most performance places will have a machine shop in town they like to use, almost no one does it in house. Maybe give a few places a call to see who they use, and then research the machine shops. What kind of build are you going with?

jkattchee

Established Member
I wanted to do a .030 overbore on the coyote motor and stroke it out as much as I could. I wanna push as much displacement as I can while keeping it N/A. However I wont be doing this build for awhile im still paying the car off and im gonna wait for the engine warranty to run out if i go with rebuilding the motor.

Voltwings

Established Member
I wanted to do a .030 overbore on the coyote motor and stroke it out as much as I could. I wanna push as much displacement as I can while keeping it N/A. However I wont be doing this build for awhile im still paying the car off and im gonna wait for the engine warranty to run out if i go with rebuilding the motor.

Just a shot in the dark here, are you Stephen's buddy that's going for like 600 all motor?

cb900f

Established Member
Try Auto Adrenaline in stafford. Great guys over there.
My dealing with them were less than pleasant. Wally isn't much of a tuner IMO.

Triangle Speed Shop builds some of the fastest cars. It's a pain to get there, but you get good work.

Voltwings

Established Member
http://www.jpcracing.com/coyote-stroker-shortblock-351-cubic-inches/

Only coyote stroker I know of being available... Very expensive for just a short block. Everything has to be custom made, the coyote is nothing like a iron block push rod engine, can't just bore the block & put different length rods in it

It was also stated in another thread (i can try to dig if up if someone wants) that that motor would not be daily driver friendly. Or, maybe more along the lines of "it would not last as long as you want a DD motor to." Something to do with the piston size jacking with the ring lands ... idk, i try to keep up, but it was a bit over my head.

Try Auto Adrenaline in stafford. Great guys over there.

My dealing with them were less than pleasant. Wally isn't much of a tuner IMO.

Triangle Speed Shop builds some of the fastest cars. It's a pain to get there, but you get good work.

I'm going to have to agree. They're a solid bunch of mechanics, but lousy business people. I had to call for DAYS and stop by twice to schedule an appointment to get my headers put on. That being said, my headers were on just a few short hours later so ... if its worth dealing with them, they can get some work done.

Last edited:

jkattchee

Established Member
No I'm not Stephens buddy, but I would love to get 600 all motor out of that coyote. However, I still want torque and that motor doesnt really put down any torque. Which is why i would consider going with a big bore 363 crate motor. They arent break the bank expensive. Most ive seen are just under 10k which is how much i would have to spend if i went with a boosted set up out to 16+ psi. And personally i think all motor would be more fun.

Bignasty321

Established Member
My 2 cents

U can do it cheaper IMO. Take the coyote go 13 to 1 compression ,custom cams,stage 3 port the heads, ported cj mani set up race fuel and u should put down 550 to 570 at the tire but then ur turning a street car into a pretty much race car or run e 85. But ur better off just throwin a new fuel system at it and a lot of boost.these motors aren't like old motors everything is really expensive for no reason. But if u want n/a power why do u need600 hp? Don't get caught up in numbers .if u do bolt ons u should be more then happy with the power.too many YouTube dyno queens make people expect too much.look do bold ons so u can learn how to slowly control the hp increases .because if ur not use to the power u can kill urself.just do 1 mod at a time and have fun.domt be like some people with all this "dyno"power and can't drive and get smoked at the track by my bolt on 5.0. I love beating far superior cars with my car because they can't drive their shit.dont be the guy that has 600 hp and run 13s at the track.dig races are a race that roll chit is not a race whomever has more power wins isn't fun I like being a driver.dig runs in the street is where it's at.have fun

Voltwings

Established Member
Why do you need 600 N/a whp? Have you seen a Z06 run lol? My turbo 4 cylinder was making 500 whp, and i'm on track to make that all motor with my coyote, to me that is awesome. I'm all for the all motor power, yes you haveto pay to play, but in my mind i'll be building cars my whole life so i'll boost the next one, or the next one, or the next one... I may as well get what i want right now while i want it right now.

That being said, i think it can be done easier than OP is trying to do it, but i'm gonna let the man build his car and just throw my .02 in where i can.

jkattchee

Established Member
Oh i dont need 600 hp all motor it would just be cool to have on that engine. That being said if i ever did hit 600 all motor it would be a gradual escalation to that level not an instant jump up. I dont have a steady enough income to be able to just drop 8k on rebuilding the motor to run like that. Id have to piece it together little by little spending anywhere from about 800 to 1.5k at at time. at best. which would be doing about 50 hp jumps. The thing is i dont only want all that power but i also want enough torque to be satisfied. HP is fun and all for racing and stuff but the challenge of putting big torque out of that engine is more fun. which is why id like to stroke it. plus im pretty sure that CJ mani drops your torque #s from the stock coyote intake. At least the boss one does i know that.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just to add some facts and help as best as possible 1. You cannot take a Coyote block + .030, the sleeve is far to thin, this is why most piston manufactures only offer std, .005 and .010 bore sizes. We can set you up with a nice stroker kit and even a 3.700 bore MMR Pro mod block, problem there is cost, feel free to PM us and we can help you make some decisions and work within your budget to get you what you are looking for. We also have many dealers in TX so we can ship it to whoever is closest to you, if you want to use your existing engine we can have our freight company come and pick it up!

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

jkattchee

Established Member
Well boring is out of the window as I was reading on another thread i posted that once you bore the coyote out it becomes a time bomb at that point. But seeing as I am going with forged internals I would like to know what y'all offer in stroker kits for the coyote motors. Because doing the top end mods are great in all but those coupled with some extra CI would make that engine put down some serious numbers.
Ive been convinced to go with the CJ mani and monoblade tb as well as some big custom cams and port my stock heads and then up the compression to 11.5 which im told would put down about 500-510 on 93 gas. But im worried that with doing all that im going to lose some big torque in there which is why im still looking into the stroker option.

jkattchee

Established Member
Man yall dont offer any bigger stroker kits. I was kinda looking for something like a 347.
Also the intake mani that yall make how does that thing compare to the CJ mani?

Users who are viewing this thread