performance chips

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
hey boys just went 3.73s very happy I need to correct speedo was wondering if the reprogramers are worth the money? aparrently ford has some type of recalibration unit, my car has manual trans, xpipe.
thanks

moonltgold

Get a SpeedCal from Dallas Mustang or Brothers Performance -- probably about $100 or so. You can also do it with a chip -- if you are planning to get a chip. If so, go with the chip - they'll work better -- I get erratic swings with by SpeedCal from time to time, when at idle. I think others have had some problems too.

VENOMOUSONE

Established Member
I purchased a superchips programmer to recalibrate my speedometer after installing 4.10s. I was also able to raise the rev limiter and change the fan temperature. If you have an automatic you can also change shift points on it. I also did notice a slight difference in hp after using but probably nothing more than 10 rwhp. The nice thing about these is that you can return to stock settings in case you have to take your car in to the dealership for warranty work but if warranty is not an issue and you have other mods done such as intake, exhaust, etc. then having a custom chip burned might be the best way to go. It can also eliminate your check engine light coming on if you have an offroad xpipe and you are not using MIL's.

rdvenom99

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUSONE
I purchased a superchips programmer to recalibrate my speedometer after installing 4.10s. I was also able to raise the rev limiter and change the fan temperature. If you have an automatic you can also change shift points on it. I also did notice a slight difference in hp after using but probably nothing more than 10 rwhp. The nice thing about these is that you can return to stock settings in case you have to take your car in to the dealership for warranty work but if warranty is not an issue and you have other mods done such as intake, exhaust, etc. then having a custom chip burned might be the best way to go. It can also eliminate your check engine light coming on if you have an offroad xpipe and you are not using MIL's.

I was considering getting one of these. What did you pay for it? Cheapest I can find is $360.

Users who are viewing this thread