Perfect offset for a 20x10.5 wheel?

VonGreenland

Established Member
Looking at buying a set of wheels for my GT500 (Matte Black Ace Alloy Convex). Fronts are 20x9 and rears are 20x10.5. For the rears I have the offset options of 30mm or 35mm and for the fronts my options are 25mm, 30mm or 35mm. I have plans to lowers the car eventually and I will be starting out with Nitto Invo 295/35 out back and 255/35's up front. My main worries are getting some tire rub on the fenders if the wheels are sticking out too far. I can imagine I will be putting some 305s on the rear eventually, but I don't want to lower the offset too much and make the wheel look less cool! I quite like the look of a wheel with a big positive offset. Any help with this at all would be very appreciated. Thank you!

PLATIADO

Established Member
Well I have 20x10.5 with +45 offset with a 305-30-20 Pirelli Pzero Nero and It's just right under the lip, Keep in mind that I think that these tires run small. I think a +35 with a 305 tire is going to go past the lip if you ask me, but that's my opinion.

VonGreenland

Established Member
I'm beginning to think that going with 20x10's on the rear might be the best route. I can't see myself wanting a rear tire any bigger than a 305, plus with just a 10" wide rear wheel it opens up some bigger offsets.... I'm thinking I could maybe go as big as 40mm? That would be max though.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
On a 10" wide wheel the ideal offset range would be +40mm to +45mm. On a 10.5" wide wheel the ideal offset would be closer to +50mm.

Users who are viewing this thread