People with light bars on their verts.

01 Grey.T GT

Established Member
Sup guys, i was wondering whoever has light bars on there verts where they purchased theirs and how much was it total. Also if it is hard to put it on yourself. Doesnt have to be operational as a third brake light because i know installing it, it will be more complicated. Just wondering if its worth it for whoever owns one and also one thing, if you have one on your car post up a pic of it if you could, thanks guys.

94CobraPace

Established Member
I've put on 3 so far. They are not that hard, just time consuming the 1st time. I have the CDC light bar that I purchased from Haney motorsport ( http://www.haneymotorsport.com/ ). CDC is a little more expensive, but worth it IMO. I also opted for the brake light cut off switch. The switch is cool, when the top is down the light comes on, when the top is up the light does not come on. It is easy to install, just plug it in & connect 2 wires, 1 hot & 1 ground. The light bar & light switch come with good instructions.
My 94 vert with the light bar:
2477.jpg

2478.jpg

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Last edited:

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I did one a few years ago. It's pretty easy just follow the instructions carefully. The tricky part is using the template to mark where you will be drilling the holes on the rear vinyl panel. Measure carefully otherwise you will have to purchase another panel.
I got my light bar from ABC.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
i got the cdc with the break light and was easy to do just follow the instructions. and i think it was 435 shipped a year ago from cdc. :beer:

SuperG

Established Member
You guys with the instructions...is there a way I can get my hands on them? I have a light bar that came with the car, but it's brake light does not seem to work properly...

Otherwise, it's a great visual add-on!

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Mine came with the car. I did remove it and rewired the LED's in the light bar to be sequential with my taillights. Wasn't difficult to remove or re-install, but intial installation requires some cutting and drilling.
As for the light bar off switch for when the top is up, I don't have one, ane if the intent is to turn the LED's off so that it doesn't light up the interior of the car with the top up, it ain't worth the trouble of installation because the LED lighting is barely detectable by the driver, even at night, from inside the car. No distraction what-so-ever. Back seat passengers may have a problem, but then that's not their only problem back there, is it!?

reddog4063

Established Member
HAHA...the only time i notice that there are LED's in the lightbar when the top is up is when my backseat passengers head glows red. Otherwise its impossible to see, even when looking back. Passengers have also hit their heads on the bar at its forehead-high to anyone sitting back there.

Jerry98vert

Established Member
94CobraPace said:
I've put on 3 so far. They are not that hard, just time consuming the 1st time. I have the CDC light bar that I purchased from Haney motorsport ( http://www.haneymotorsport.com/ ). CDC is a little more expensive, but worth it IMO. I also opted for the brake light cut off switch. The switch is cool, when the top is down the light comes on, when the top is up the light does not come on. It is easy to install, just plug it in & connect 2 wires, 1 hot & 1 ground. The light bar & light switch come with good instructions.
My 94 vert with the light bar:
This is me too, I installed two of them, really the 3rd light is no big deal, get the Saleen instructions and they tell you what wire to tap into, also get the light cut off switch.

Users who are viewing this thread