People with 4.30's... a few q's>>

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I recently put 4.30's in my car and love it especially on the street. I expected a little more at the track though. Stock I went 13.7 @ 104 and with the 4.30 I went 13.4 @ 106. I've been launching from idle because the second week I had the car I broke a half-shaft and ever since I've been scared I'm going to do it again. What are some of your times with a 4.30 and similar mods to mine (listed in sig)? What rpm are you shifting at when you got your best time? What are you launching at, etc?

Thanks!

-Rick

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I have never noticed a vibe over 80 mph. Next time I go on the e-way I'll pay closer attention, but I'm sure I would have noticed by now.

Thanks for the compliment on the videos! I need to get more of the Cobra, the ones on there are the first week I had it and it was bone stock.

-Rick

SVTNICK

Established Member
RO COBRA-
I had a vib at over 80 (car is stock), and it was due to my tires being out of balance.....just my 2 cents.

-Nick

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTNICK
RO COBRA-
I had a vib at over 80 (car is stock), and it was due to my tires being out of balance.....just my 2 cents.

-Nick
\

The vibe Im talking about is in the driveshaft. It happens to almost everyone after installing the 4.10 gears.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
My traction issues didn't change much... it still hops bad. We'll see what happens tomorrow at the track. I'm just hoping I go 12's and don't break another halfshaft.

-Rick

SVTNICK

Established Member
RO Rob- my vibe started after I got a flat in the right rear. I had to drive it around on a donut for 3 days until my new tire came in. It put all the tires out of balance. Im wondering if due to the diff coming out and all the work that it take to put gears in the IRS, if that indeed does something to upset your tire balance or alignment. Just curious. WHen u say vibe Im presuming u mean the shudder u start to feel in the steering after 80 MPH..and if u look at your mirror u see it shake a bit too.

Let me know what u do to fix your problem.

-Nick

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I have 4.30's and I don't have a vibe! Put the Paul's IRS brace on and it cut the wheel hop way down, but I still get it on the 1st to 2nd shift. I have not had any traction problems with the DR's on. My best time to date is 12.8 at 108 with a 1.9 short time. Trading the car in on a 03, I'm gonna miss it, it's been a great car!
The car and all of the parts have been sold, except for the stock half shafts. $300 for those, both.

Tim

Last edited:

ZincYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by RO COBRA
I dont have 4.30s. But do you get the vibe past 80 mph that everyones talking about?BTW, cool videos of your cobra!

ro

I have the same vibration over 80 MPH - it is like a resonation - you can feel it in the floor board..

SVTNICK

Established Member
i still have the vib. Saw on alldata that there is info on the 99's have a TSB for it. Has something to do with the diff. Im going to call my dealer. I was already to modify the car and now im having all these problems. I aint happy.

Users who are viewing this thread