People with 03/04 Bilsteins in this topic

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Does anyones 03/04 bilsteins come in contact with your hood. Only my drivers side just barely hits the hood, and I cant move it over to the gap where there is space for it. I'm using MM Caster Camber plates. So now I have a little notch in my hood from where the top of the strut hits. Maybe i'll file it down a bit.

Just curious if anyone has had this problem at all?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
No....my bilsteins dont touch my hood. I am using a different caster camber plate though...

92 Couper

Established Member
No, Mine do not hit the hood. This is with MM CC plates as well.

Here is a picture of mine:

cobra09.jpg

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
No, Mine do not hit the hood. This is with MM CC plates as well.

Here is a picture of mine:

I see you put the washers for the cc plates underneath and not on top. I'll have to take a picture of mine. The directions called for those washers to be on top if you had springs. Maybe i missed something along the way

Last edited:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I see you put the washers for the cc plates underneath and not on top. I'll have to take a picture of mine. The directions called for those washers to be on top if you had springs. Maybe i missed something along the way

I think it depends on how aggressive you have set up your alignment. I have mine close to factory specs and all the washers on the top and no touching whatsoever.

03-18-08_1554.jpg

03-18-08_1555.jpg

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
^^Yep those are how mine are setup. My passenger side clears no problem at all, but the drivers side rubs. I ended up filing it down a little bit to see if it helps. I have it aligned close to factory specs since I do more raod driving than autox

thasalvoo

same crap with mine... i thought it was my ball joints clunking around so i replaced those.
The thing is the strut shaft on the drivers side looks as though it is higher than the passenger....Any thoughts?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
same crap with mine... i thought it was my ball joints clunking around so i replaced those.
The thing is the strut shaft on the drivers side looks as though it is higher than the passenger....Any thoughts?

This means that have 1 bottom spacer missing on the driver's side.

rickymh

Established Member
vtech killer thats how i have my CC plates,
on one side i lost a washer....should i be worried?
sorry about the hi-jack.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
vtech killer thats how i have my CC plates,
on one side i lost a washer....should i be worried?
sorry about the hi-jack.

Nah, as long as you have the same amount on the bottom, you could get away with missing one on one side. Make sure you still have enough thread on the strut rod to fully tighten it down though.

Predatorbird

Established Member
i just had my MM c/c plates installed today w/ the springs. my pass side is hitting the hood a little bit. i need to get it aligned tom so hopefully it will clear.

Users who are viewing this thread