People who lie about their cars

TwistedMetal01

Established Member
Did you ever talk to a guy that will just flat out lie about his car. I had a friend who was selling his old mustang i knew everything about that car. It was pushing maybe 300 horsepower i knew all the mods it had i knew it as well as i know my own car.

Anyway this punk kid ended up buying it. But he didnt know i was friends with the guy that sold it to him. So i said

"i heard you have a new car"

"yeah it has a rebuilt engine (it did not have a rebuilt engine) with new heads and a cam it could beat your camaro easy"

"oh really?"

"yeah it has 426 horsepower i know because i put it on the dyno"

"oh cool theres a dyno around here where is it i want to go to it?"

"uh its far you wouldnt know where it is"

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yup I've talked with a few guys like that.. One is here in Alabama.. He's the biggest bag of tools I've ever met.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
hahah yep, a few of those around here

I see a lot of "COBRAS" that came with gt engines hahaha as well as some gt's that have "COBRA" engines in them that look strikingly similar to 2v's

KILRSVT

Established Member
I just listen to them I don't dwell or argue with them at the end of the day I don't have anything to prove but there's seems to be lots of those guys around especially at car meets

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
hahah yep, a few of those around here

I see a lot of "COBRAS" that came with gt engines hahaha as well as some gt's that have "COBRA" engines in them that look strikingly similar to 2v's

So what if my GT has a 4v and looks like a cobra lol :dancenana:

Atleast its proven it can kill terminators lol :rockon:

Last edited:

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Theres,at least one in every crowd!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Ford1288

Established Member
I find it's a lot worse in the import community than ours. Still, there is always one in a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedMetal01

Established Member
I just listen to them I don't dwell or argue with them at the end of the day I don't have anything to prove but there's seems to be lots of those guys around especially at car meets

LOL I do the same thing. I just keep saying "oh really?" "thats pretty cool" I don't confront them about lying because I dont feel like arguing its not worth it to me.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I like to lie and say my car is slower then what it really is.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I find it's a lot worse in the import community than ours. Still, there is always one in a group.

its equal across the board.

ive heard of just as many K&N filter/Flowmaster muffler driving '11 GT owners talk about 550hp with boltons just as ive heard civic owners with fart can and pep boys intake talking about being a "corvette killa".

ive heard of just as many K&N filter/Flowmaster muffler driving '11 GT owners talk about 550hp with boltons just as ive heard civic owners with fart can and pep boys intake talking about being a "corvette killa".

You have a point. I tend to believe its worse among mustang guys, just based on my personal observations.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Went to a cheyenne Wyoming car show. Some white trash guy and his wife are standing next to this gtr. He proceeds to tell me that not only will his stock r35 beat my zx14r but it traps 190 in the quarter......he didn't get the car from a settlement...not at all

61mmstang94

Established Member

Do you hate the new 5.0 because you can't afford one? What is it with you that every other post you have to say something about how 5.0 owners think they're the best?

Give it a break man. Enjoy your eclipse and stfu, already! :beer:

00WHTSC281

Established Member
I had a guy with a new 5.0 tell me he ran 11s stock. Only change was drag radials. I was like really? And walked away.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Do you hate the new 5.0 because you can't afford one? What is it with you that every other post you have to say something about how 5.0 owners think they're the best?

Give it a break man. Enjoy your eclipse and stfu, already! :beer:

considering my comment was about owners and not the car directly, no, its not because "I cant afford one".

They do have ****tard owners. Every single one ive met personally has been car stupid. I even made a thread about it back on new years day about how the people that dont peruse forums and own fast/nice cars dont know shit. Its a realization I came to after meeting, you guessed it, a completely stupid 5.0 owner. And the other two ive met were no different. Then I come on the forums and we have a huge thread filled with new GT owners and you wonder why I have this mindset that all of their ownership are retarded? Though there are idiots on both sides of that thread, Ive just yet to find the non-idiots holding 5.0 GT keys to offset my opinion.

and trust me, my lack of wanting a 5.0 GT has nothing to do with my bank account. Dunno how not wanting a particular vehicle = not having the means to pay for it, but whatever you say. Especially since it would probably be more financially sound to buy a new GT with low/zero apr financing, dealer/factory incentives and 6-7yr loan terms than it would for a used $20kish car that im looking at. I just dont want one, I dont like S197 styling (even though the '13s finally look good I still only find them merely tolerable in the looks dept), I dont like their bulky tonka-truck esque interiors or retro themed shit (even though the fit and finish is superior to SN95), I dont like their driving feel, I dont like their overall size, I dont like solid rear feel. Great motor, too bad it didnt come pre-S197, though I still prefer factory boosted/factory forged powerplants and their driving style. Would be kinda stupid to spend $30k on a car you didnt absolutely love, right?

and I wont be enjoying the eclipse much longer. Its getting detailed next weekend and going up for sale. it just sits and collects dust, ive lost all motivation to continue in owning or modifying it. The community support has almost died out completely for those cars, the vendors have dried up and its become just a cult following of people with dreams, buying used parts form someone parting out their 10 second capable setup (though 0 track passes), then they install it all, run it for 10 minutes, then part it out to someone else, and repeat. Its turned into a bunch of garage queens and guys that just like the anticipation of hitting that buy it now button on a huge shoppign cart of mods, then receiving it, laying it out, installing it and saying they have a fast car, but no track times/dyno sheets come of it. I want something that reminds me of when I first got into DSM's in early 00's when they were still newer and had a good thriving community.

Users who are viewing this thread