People who have installed the SLP linelock kit in here

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
This is the second time I have attempted to install this piece of crap. First time I got mad and chunked the solenoid across the garage..rendering it useless.

Fast forward 8 months to now. Bought a new solenoid and back in the same position. I can get everything perfectly installed except for the line coming from the solenoid to the master cylinder.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the line to go into the master cylinder. What is the trick to this or do I need to throw this one away and just forget the whole idea.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Its best if you take the master cylinder off to do it:

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/800/847/847-M25000.pdf

Also, something you may want to consider. I had it installed this way on my 04 mach and it kicks ass:

cruise control "off" button wired for l-loc - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

Master cylinder is sitting in my garage floor. I threaded the original line back in to make sure threads weren't stripped, went in just fine by hand. I test fitted the line provided and it did the same. I guess I just can't get the angle right, not really alot of room to work with either.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
those threads are super fine, i had the same issue myself, the angle was off by a tiny bit but for the life of me it wouldnt go on, bend the tubing ever so slightly and make sure the master cylinder is not bolted on, it took me about an hour and a half to get that single line on lol!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
those threads are super fine, i had the same issue myself, the angle was off by a tiny bit but for the life of me it wouldnt go on, bend the tubing ever so slightly and make sure the master cylinder is not bolted on, it took me about an hour and a half to get that single line on lol!

I've bent it so much I don't think it even resembles the original design anymore. Just gonna keep at it I guess. Still have wires to run...really looking forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread