People who bought from HIDGuy.net in here please...

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Hmm. When I got mine I don't think there was a choice? I wanna say it was Xentec though. For some reason, that stands out in my mind.

I have the 6,000k from HID GUY though

Cobra2-1-1.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member
I don't get why someone would pay $150 for HIDS when you can get the exact same thing on ebay for $40 shipped. Or if you really want the lifetime warranty, DDM Tuning has them for $70.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Xentec from HIDguy.net...
Oscar is a great guy.
6000K on my White Terminator

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I don't get why someone would pay $150 for HIDS when you can get the exact same thing on ebay for $40 shipped. Or if you really want the lifetime warranty, DDM Tuning has them for $70.

+1. No need to waste all that money.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member

+1. No need to waste all that money.

I think their down to $30 for their Lifetime Warranty kits. Can't beat that! Cheaper than most bulbs:beer:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Why would someone pay 3K+ for a set of wheels when you can get others for $600?

For me, I think that is pretty strange. But it all comes down to quality and customer service.

You get what you pay for and Oscar is a stand up guy and will cover his products.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
Why would someone pay 3K+ for a set of wheels when you can get others for $600?

For me, I think that is pretty strange. But it all comes down to quality and customer service.

You get what you pay for and Oscar is a stand up guy and will cover his products.

99% of HID kits are exactly the same. No one ballast or bulb set is better than the other since they're all manufactured by the same one or two companies in China.

If there was some sort of product differentiation, then there definitely would be an incentive to buy the more expensive kit, but there is no differentiation between the products other than customer service. I believe great customer service is worth paying a premium, but great customer service is not worth three times the cost of a product. I'll save myself $100+ and just buy another set if they die after the 2yr warranty ebay sellers offer.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
DDM FTW. 49.99 plus shipping for an HID kit with a limetime warranty cannot be beaten. Just ordered a set of 4300k HIDs for my fogs to match my factory HID headlamps.

FYI:

4300-4500k: OEM HID white, as white as humanly possible
6000k: Very white with a little blue
8000K: Very blue
12000k: Purple

4300 gives you the most usable light but most people go with 6000k. It looks great most of the time, however, when you pull up at a light next to a car with OEM units, you'll notice how blue your lights look.

txyaloo

Established Member
DDM FTW. 49.99 plus shipping for an HID kit with a limetime warranty cannot be beaten. Just ordered a set of 4300k HIDs for my fogs to match my factory HID headlamps.

FYI:

4300-4500k: OEM HID white, as white as humanly possible
6000k: Very white with a little blue
8000K: Very blue
12000k: Purple

4300 gives you the most usable light but most people go with 6000k. It looks great most of the time, however, when you pull up at a light next to a car with OEM units, you'll notice how blue your lights look.

I picked up a 4300k set for the GTO. I have a 6000k kit on the Lightning and it has a slight blue tinge.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
You know what's incredible.....14 post and the non-projector HID Nazi's aren't in here yet! :banana::banana:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Got my hi/low kit from DDM tuning. It looks great, but I gotta figure out how to throw it in first before I give my final opinion.

Somewhat on topic, does the connector that looks like the end of the stock style bulbs plug in to just one of the headlight plugins or does it plug in somewhere else that I'm missing?

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Got my hi/low kit from DDM tuning. It looks great, but I gotta figure out how to throw it in first before I give my final opinion.

Somewhat on topic, does the connector that looks like the end of the stock style bulbs plug in to just one of the headlight plugins or does it plug in somewhere else that I'm missing?

Plug n' Play my friend....Plug and Play!:beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That tells me nothing man. It came with wires, red white and black, with spade connectors on the end, and a plastic blue connector. I assume I push them through so they can connect to the headlight plug on the car, but the plug on the other side is unplugged and basically just laying there.

Do I leave it empty? The instructions that came with this SUCK!

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
That tells me nothing man. It came with wires, red white and black, with spade connectors on the end, and a plastic blue connector. I assume I push them through so they can connect to the headlight plug on the car, but the plug on the other side is unplugged and basically just laying there.

Post up a pic and I will guide you through.

txyaloo

Established Member

The spade connectors should go into the blue plug. Then the blue plug connects to the stock connector.

Users who are viewing this thread