People tuned with killer chiller

NiceCobra

Established Member
When you guys get tuned do you run the ac? My tuner called and asked if I run the ac/defrost at all times I said I do since I have the kc
So he tuned it with the ac on and now when the compressor is running and car is underload the car idles perfect right at 14.9-15.0, but when the compressor cycles off the car idles real rich around 12.0 sometimes lower.
Just seeing what you guys do.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceCobra

Established Member
Seems like it's the same even when warmed up.
Now I do think my iac is going bad since I was having cold start issues with it starting then stalling.
So maybe this could also be the issue with the iac?

bubblehead93

Established Member
clarification, if operating closed loop it will idle at stoic or (as may be case, since car is with tuner) he is forcing open loop, then the tune, specifically the MAF transfer table (and others), as the car is not using feedback from the O2s to maintain stoic (really just bounces around it based on how the O2s and PCM work)... interesting the apparent effect on idle AFR, too many questions without access to the tune and data logs, there are specific tune parameters for A/C since it is such a load on the system when the clutch locks on the compressor...

r/
Andy

cj428mach

Established Member
Seems like it's the same even when warmed up.
Now I do think my iac is going bad since I was having cold start issues with it starting then stalling.
So maybe this could also be the issue with the iac?

As I said in your last thread your tune is incorrect.

Last edited:

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I called my tuner a couple times last week and haven't heard back yet ,
I'm going to try to call again today
I also tried dataloging the other day but my handheld wouldn't communicate with my laptop so I need to call sct also

NiceCobra

Established Member
Heard from my tuner today he did say that doesn't sound right.
So I'm going to make my way up to him one of these weekends to run a few logs with him

Users who are viewing this thread