people thoughts?

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
Next year I will be giving the turbo route another try since finances are getting better. Looking at 3 different turbos and curious on peoples experience with them. First is a turbonetics tc78 with f1 wheel, second is the ball bearing version. The last turbo I was looking at was the precision pt7675 gts with CEA billet wheel . Car is stripped down and will be a 60/40 street to track use car, have solid engine mounts, all solid bushing rear suspension in a SRA. Will have 3.27 gears and t56, already have lethal performance budget return system. Looking to hit 650whp on street with pump gas and would love to see 900 minimum on race gas for the track.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Precision has been hit or miss lately and there customer service is iffy at best. Turbonetics just released a direct competitor to the precision 7675 with the turbonetics 7675. Thats what I will be going with when I upgrade from my turbonetics 7668.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
bullseye has some nice turbos out there as well, thicker center shaft and a host of billet options are very nice as well.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
how was the 7668 in terms of spool and power? maybe id end up with the 7675 but the tc sounds like a great compromise for our smaller cube engines

The difference between the two is night and day. Mine spools about 200-300 rpm sooner and comes on MUCH harder. I can't even begin to explain how much harder my car pulls moving from the turbonetics to the precision. Just go with the smaller ar rather than the .96 if you are worried about spool, that's what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread