People love to think Fox Bodies aren't as fast as they used to be

Ithnu

Established Member
I have a 1993 Cobra, stock except for exhaust and 3.55s. A guy on a cell phone cuts me off on a 2 lane on ramp. He swerved between the 2 cars in the right lane to get in front of me in the left. Nearly caused an accident. We're waiting for the arrow at this point. Some mid 2000's Mercedes Kompressor. Anyway, I see he put the cell phone down and then he hammers on it and takes off; we both pass the 2 on the right so I jump into the right lane and put the pedal down. I must have had him by 5+ car lengths once we got to the on ramp. He caught up; we slowed down to 70 he tried to take off again. I'm not sure how much I had him by 110mph but he was well behind me in my rear view.

Most likely just the 4 cyl super charged version as I think the 6 cyl versrion puts out 350hp. I still laughed my ass off; I thought "it may be a 1993 but it's still faster (and better looking) than your over price 4 banger buddy".

An easy kill but I was literally laughing out loud. Made my whole commute worth while.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's funny.

I had a fox gt struggle to put half a car on my fusion by 100. It was hard to watch, even from my perspective.

170hp with a 6spd and 4000lbs isn't that much slower than 210 with a 5spd and whatever a fix weighs.

Your 93 probably runs stronger than most clapped out foxes still on the road today that aren't garage ornaments or drag Queens. Everything else us probably on 7 cylinders, low on compression and running stock gearing.

Ithnu

Established Member
That's funny.

I had a fox gt struggle to put half a car on my fusion by 100. It was hard to watch, even from my perspective.

170hp with a 6spd and 4000lbs isn't that much slower than 210 with a 5spd and whatever a fix weighs.

Your 93 probably runs stronger than most clapped out foxes still on the road today that aren't garage ornaments or drag Queens. Everything else us probably on 7 cylinders, low on compression and running stock gearing.

That's sad about the GT you ran into. But some of them are just like you described, near death. Mine has 69k miles and people are shocked when I tell them it's the original paint. When I test drove it I asked the previous owner "does the sun roof leak?" as the seal had some cracks in it. He said "I don't know, I've never had it in the rain". <--Good answer.

rosem32

Established Member
Good Kill, for the age of the car and it being mostly stock. The Kompressor's are decent in the 4 cylinder version.

Users who are viewing this thread