pegged my ba2600, why?

pacific4v

Established Member
Well i got my car tuned yesterday and my tuner said i pegged my maf at 5600rpm. I just have a flange welded into the 3" intercooler piping for the maf sensor, and it is blowthru. He told me if i put it in a 4" pipe it shouldn't peg. Now i know very little about tuning but I've had quite a few people question this. Could the location of it cause it to peg? I tried to get as long of a straight shot as possible before the maf sensor but i may not have gotten long enough. Do u guys with experience think the larger pipe will help? Should i redo my piping for a longer straight shot? Btw on 18 degrees of timing and 9.5psi it made 515rwhp at 5600rpm where it pegged.

JP_Stang

Established Member
I can't really help help you too much with the maf problem, but those are some great numbers man! I can't wait to see what it does at redline!

It could be the way the piping is plumbed. It is possible that you may need to rotate it. Or you may need to upgrade the maf itself. You are hitting pretty high numbers already, so you may think about going with a slot style.

Zacharyx

Established Member
putting the meter in a larger pipe will extend how far the 2600 will go , I think it normally came in a 3.5 housing from SCT. rotating it may help depending on where it is in relation to any bend prior to the meter

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Putting it in a larger dia. pipe will help, but the MaF transfer function will have to be adjusted in the tune for this. The MaF does nothing more than measure the volume of air coming past it within a known given space(diameter of pipe). If you increase the diameter of the pipe, and adjust the tune, you should be good. Use caution on how large of a pipe you use, as too big, the car will be a nightmare to tune for idle. The MaF counts at idle would be way to low.

pacific4v

Established Member
Yea it'll get retuned. I think Im gonna go with 3.5" piping and redo all through piping from the IC to the throttle body differently to get a longer straight shot.

And those numbers surprised me honestly. The tuner said once i get those issues worked out and a retuned with more timing it should be close to 600rwhp.

Chances50

Established Member
That maf is designed for a 90mm housing the smaller the housing the smaller the range it can handle, put it in a 90mm and it "should" go 600 as a blow threw which also kills the power a maf can support. Like a LMAF can support 450ish draw thru and 350isj blow thru.

Users who are viewing this thread