Pedals

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I read the heel/toe thread but still wanted to run something by you guys.

I plan to OT my DD '96 Cobra. It has the stock, very grippy pedals. My '03 Cobra had the SVT pedals and though they looked nice the brake pedal was down right dangerous on a DD drive when it rained. I had to be extra carefull that my wet shoe didn't slip off the brake. It happened a few times, with the clutch too.

But the slicker gas pedal made it easier to H/T because the right edge of my right foot could slide smoothly on the pedal.

I'm thinking I will buy just the SVT gas pedal to make H/T easier but still retain safe DD brake pedal function.

What do you guys do/think?

9746C

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I almost hit a tree when my foot slipped off the brake after washing the cobra in the yard one day. They are slick:uh oh:

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I almost hit a tree when my foot slipped off the brake after washing the cobra in the yard one day. They are slick:uh oh:

I believe ya!

There were many times when my feet were really wet/muddy and when stopping in traffic I'd have my hand on the parking brake in case my foot slid off the brake pedal.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I ordered a set of MOMO pedals on Ebay for around $20. Removed my stock rubber covers, drilled holes and screwed them on. The accelerator has an extra piece at the lower left which help you to blip the throttle when down shifting. Much better!

wheelhopper

Established Member
I checked my pedals out on my '03 Cobra, I wanted to modify them for easier heel/toe shifting. It appears that the Terminator pedals are

1. Plastic. (cheap)
2. One piece and mount with a pin to the actual arm of the pedal assembly
3. Slippery when wet. (Not a plug for BonJovi)

I figured it was to much trouble to remove the original pedal and then find something that would fit correctly in place. While slick, I have had no problem with my feet slipping off during and driving when I am properly seated in the car. Only when I try to half ass put my body in the car for a quick move. So what I did was simply pull on the gas arm, it is flimsy. I moved it toward the brake pedal about 1" and up about 1". Took me about 30 seconds and my heel/toe has greatly improved.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I checked my pedals out on my '03 Cobra, I wanted to modify them for easier heel/toe shifting. It appears that the Terminator pedals are

1. Plastic. (cheap)
2. One piece and mount with a pin to the actual arm of the pedal assembly
3. Slippery when wet. (Not a plug for BonJovi)

I figured it was to much trouble to remove the original pedal and then find something that would fit correctly in place. While slick, I have had no problem with my feet slipping off during and driving when I am properly seated in the car. Only when I try to half ass put my body in the car for a quick move. So what I did was simply pull on the gas arm, it is flimsy. I moved it toward the brake pedal about 1" and up about 1". Took me about 30 seconds and my heel/toe has greatly improved.

I'll look into that, thanks!

David Hester

Established Member
Heel toe. Side of foot toe, toe top of foot. Whatever works.
I really LIKED the 03 Cobra pedals and the 08 Roush are even better.
That being said, the ole Fox body was sad stock, but since the throttle arm is metal, no problem moving it over an inch toward brake.
We road race rain or shine, so I got in the habit of drying my shoes on the carpet mat in street cars or with a couple of paper towels if I'm in the race car.
Many tracks don't have paved paddocks and morning dew is Real Slick.
I still use the rubber covers on all 3 pedals inthe Fox BTW.
Remember don't raise gas pedal up too far. Whole idea is for it to be close to brake pedal when you are HARD on brakes, not beside each other with neither depressed. (Seen people do that :shrug:)

wheelhopper

Established Member
^ I agree. Mine worked out perfect. If my gas pedal was up about 3/8" more it would be perfect. I just don't think my high tech method measures that precisely. Best leave it where I got it.

David Hester

Established Member
In the Fox I don't have any trouble blipping except sometimes when I'm dicing in a corner. Late braking, getting loose, bumping. No, I don't bump.
I've blipped with side bottom of sole, side of my foot and sometimes my shoe laces. It doesn't matter as long as you can match revs.

Users who are viewing this thread