Pedal height help

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
Just got RXT and love it but needs a little adjustment....also put in tob, tob sleeve, pilot bearing, pivot ball, 26 spline, firewall adjuster and quadrant...id like it to engage lower than it is at 3/4 up if I adjuster it down the pedal goes limp at the top just flopping around how do I fix this to keep lower engaging point? Btw the pivot ball is all the way in and the adjuster is 27 clicks out if this helps

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Floppy pedal due to no preload on the TOB can be fixed with a 'freeplay' mod and shimming the pedal assembly itself.
You can make your own steel freeplay setup with a spring, 1/2 EMT conduit and a washer (oh and a welder), or buy one. Most quadrant assemblies fit loose on the pedal assembly and rattle around. shimming with some nylon washers can tighten up the pedal. Suck to spend all that cash and have the pedal feel cheap.
Sounds like the pivot is too far in but a pain to adjust so as long as firewall adjuster can compensate you're OK.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went with a MM pedal height adjuster. I hate the stock clutch pedal height anyway. I prefer having the clutch and brake pedal even.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
Well did some messing around and a buddy had a MM quadrant laying around so we put that in and brought adjuster in 10 clicks and all went away...the fore quadrant had a different angle so it was weird hahaha grabs 1/2 way up no flop

shurur

Established Member
I went with a MM pedal height adjuster. I hate the stock clutch pedal height anyway. I prefer having the clutch and brake pedal even.

^this.
You can also raise the gas pedal up with the mustang world fix. Practically makes all the pedals level....very nice. I just have to stab my clutch when shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread