Peak hp RPM

Larsonator

Established Member
I ran my '11 on the dyno last week. With an FRPP resonator delete and a Pypes Bomb axleback, it made descent power. However, it peaked hp at 5750 rpm, and fell of pretty rapidly.

In looking through the dyno thread, it seems like other stock GT-500's peak around 6 and hold power to the 6250 rev limiter.

Any thoughts on what might be going on with this?

Van@RevanRacing

I ran my '11 on the dyno last week. With an FRPP resonator delete and a Pypes Bomb axleback, it made descent power. However, it peaked hp at 5750 rpm, and fell of pretty rapidly.

In looking through the dyno thread, it seems like other stock GT-500's peak around 6 and hold power to the 6250 rev limiter.

Any thoughts on what might be going on with this?

Unless you were data logging the pulls we'd all be guessing.

If I had to make an educated guess your car was likely pulling timing due to IAT2 Temps exceeding 100 degrees and the stock tune aggressively pulls timing at 100 degrees, assuming you have a stock tune and/or your tuner didn't raise spark advance retard for IAT2.

Just a guess but probably a good one.

Larsonator

Established Member
It's the stock tune. The only mods are the resonator delete and axleback.

The car was pretty warm, so you probably nailed it. I'll go run it again this weekend and give it a proper cool down.

thanks for the input.

Larsonator

Established Member
Heat exchanger is on my list. I bought the res delete and exhaust because they were cheap. HE and everything else will come after the holidays.

Dyno time is free. A good friend owns it.

Van@RevanRacing

Users who are viewing this thread