PDI & Delivery Checklist

SVTKen

Established Member
I believe there was a complete delivery checklist posted here for the '13 GT500, but I cannot find it.

Here's what I have:

Inspect:

· Check for damage to exhaust tips
· Check tires for cracks
· Brake master cylinder overfilled
· Wheel rims for scuffs
· Check for bubbles in stripes
· Under front and rear ground spoilers for ramp or curb rash
· Remove the label/sticker on the drive shaft (there were earlier notes about this and the resulting noise that it caused when it came loose)
· Inspect wiring harness on the intercooler pump. Some owners reported seeing a wiring harness lying loose on the drivers side front of the cam/valve cover. It was determined the intercooler pump harness had not been connected to the pump. They also reported less power than expected and noticed a correction after the connection. I guess high inlet air temps would show on the gauge also.

PDI Notes:

· Fill tank with 93-octane fuel.
· Don’t drill front bumper (use my no-drill front license bracket)
· No dealer logos or decals.
· I would like to be present for pre-delivery test drive, if a tech plans to test it out before delivery.
· Check for the locking lug nuts and key and the tag bolts. They are probably in the glove box.
· Request touch-up paint.

Am I missing anything? Please let me know where the link is for the complete list.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I believe there was a complete delivery checklist posted here for the '13 GT500, but I cannot find it.

Here's what I have:

Inspect:

• Wiring harness on the intercooler pump
  • Brake master cylinder overfilled
  • Wheel rims for scuffs
  • Under front and rear ground spoilers for ramp or curb rash
  • Remove the label/sticker on the drive shaft (there were earlier notes about this and the resulting noise that it caused when it came loose)

PDI Notes:

• Don’t drill front bumper (use my no-drill front license bracket)
  • No dealer logos or decals
Am I missing anything? Please let me know where the link is for the complete list.

Here is what your post looks like to someone who is using the white background. I don't know why, but all the other info is displayed in a black font on a white back ground and is readable.

railroad

Established Member
Make sure they fill the tank with 91 or 93 octane. I am sure the person assigned this duty normally reaches for the 87 octane button. Also, pop the trunk and check for the front spoiler if you have elected not to have it installed. Something I forgot was to hit them up for a bottle of touch-up paint. I need to call now, done. I have not heard of an issue with it, but make sure the tire pump and fuel funnel are in the trunk. Also the key tag that comes on the keys, needs to be kept, per the owners manual. My dealer trashed them, gone, but said they had the codes on file for my car. I would rather have the tangible ones from the keys, but. I ordered the car cover and it did not arrive and has not been delivered yet. Fold the rear seat head rest down, before the trip home. If I can think of anything else, I'll add on. You might want to add these to your original post so it still looks like a punch list. Just thought of one more thing. If you want to try and salvage your build sheet, check up in the rear bumper. Mine was not there. It may be somewhere else or lost in transit.

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't even thinking about the 93 octane. I just was taking for granted they would do that, but you are right. They need to be told to do this because not everyone knows.

I updated my checklist with your suggestions. Thanks.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Check for damage to exhaust tips.

Check tires for cracks.

GoodyearZL1tirebulletin.gif

5.0 guy

Established Member
My vert arrived with the rear tires all grooved out from someone spinning them real hard during delivery, front splitter was all scratched up an needed replacement, I had a few scratches that were able to be buffed out by dealer but they followed me to the gas pump so I know they put 93 oct in the tank. It was a little frustrating about the damage but all was taken care of. My wife's SRT came in two months prior and I did not do a dealer prep so after I unloaded it off the trailer I noticed some scratches and a wheel was curbed bad. Jeep would not cover any of it since I refused the dealer prep. Good luck with your delivery, it is one hell if a car!

SVTKen

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up regarding the exhaust tips and tires.

I'm going to let them prep the car. I can do a more thorough wash, polish, and wax after they are finished. I don't know how anyone can inspect a dirty car, so not getting it cleaned sounds like a bad idea. If they scratch it up, I will make sure they fix it.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Good thinking Ken, I found a six inch scratch under my drivers GT-500 decal after the dealer inspected it and sold it to me, they work on my cars all the time so they were quick to repaint it but I had their detail guy just buff it out of the clear coat.

railroad

Established Member
I noticed 2 parallel scratches on the passenger shock tower, under the hood. Not real noticeable, but mentioned it to my salesman when I requested the bottle of touch up paint. Probably occured during assembly.

Also, 2 other items to look for on delivery. The locking lug nuts and key and the tag bolts. Mine were in the glove box. I know it is no biggey, but I would rather have them, than someone at the dealer.

USV8PWR

Established Member
My car had 6.9 miles on it when it was taken off of the auto transporter. It was delivered a few days before I could go and see it so I made sure the dealer did not drive it or even touch it really before I could get there. I wanted to be the one who felt the car come alive at the 5 consecutive mile mark. And let me say, that feeling is awsome! The car feels like it has the acceleration of a loaded old U-Haul truck until the computer gives it full power. Anyway, the only thing I noted on my car was that one of the very small stripes to the right of the driver side door has two bubbles in it. The dealer said they would quickly take care of it but Ford has asked for picture proof, etc. so to date it hasn't been fixed. I'm sure it will though as I have an outstanding dealer.

My wheels, tires, etc. were all perfect. I ensured the car was not washed with their scratchy wash mitt and all of the plastic was left on the car so that I could take it off myself. The only PDI they did was check the fluids, check the torque on the lug nuts, and the tech rode with me on my first drive just to ensure everything went well. I also put on the front spoiler myself.

If there is anything wrong with it, just be sure to get it in writing that they will fix it. Enjoy your new car Ken! Glad to see it's finally becoming real for you!

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
You should also be sure to take many pictures. When you pick up the car you will make every effort to look for flaws but you are bound to miss something given the excitement of finally getting the car. I took pictures of my car from every angle. When I got home I noticed a small gash on the bumper. I went back to the pictures and sure enough it was there. Having the picture (date stamped with the dealership in the background) helped to prove that it was there before I left the lot. They fixed at no charge and you would never know it was there.

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
Is there anything in particular you would be checking the intercooler wiring harness for?

I don't know about the details on that one. I found that recommendation in a post here a while back, but there was no further explanation. I will see if I can find it and PM the person who posted it.

qachargh

Established Member
Thanks. I'm hoping I will get the call to get mine sometime this week. I will definitely spend more time looking it over than I spent on my truck.

SVTKen

Established Member
Thanks. I'm hoping I will get the call to get mine sometime this week. I will definitely spend more time looking it over than I spent on my truck.

Here is what railroad sent me regaring the harness:

Inspect wiring harness on the intercooler pump. Some owners reported seeing a wiring harness lying loose on the drivers side front of the cam/valve cover. It was determined the intercooler pump harness had not been connected to the pump. They also reported less power than expected and noticed a correction after the connection. I guess high inlet air temps would show on the gauge also.

Users who are viewing this thread