PCV leak

venom50

Established Member
Im going to attempt to fix the leak in the back of the intake this weekend.Do i need to buy the whole line from ford or can i just replace the rotted piece thats broken. Also can i just remove the IC or do i need to remove the whole lower intake.Anyone in the San antonio area wanna help out .LOL thanx guys

69mach

Established Member
Are you just saying the rubber fitting at the back of the intake it cracked? What kind of symptoms you having?

venom50

Established Member
Im getting left and right bank running lean and i forgot what codes they were but im more that sure its that line in the back.I can hear the leak hiss more when i move the line.truck runs fine no loss in power just the dam check engine light.I have to look up my programmer codes.

Last edited:

lightning_2001

Established Member
i think its p0171 and p0174. it was a bitch for me, then again i didnt remove anything. i did put cooking oil on my arm. be careful when you take of the 90 because if its cracked you could leave a piece stuck on the nipple and its a bitch to get it off. i just used the 90's from the spark plug wires for now. my L was stumbling at idle and it stopped right after that. i cleared the codes but they came back. if you go my route be prepared to F up you arm for a couple days. anyone know if i can put a bigger maf i have on just to see if the maf is bad? good luck

venom50

Established Member
ya those are the codes .I just need to man up and remove the whole thing and find the leak. a few beers and time i guess ill work it out.:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread