PCV breather on 98 COBRA???

16yrCobraOwner

Established Member
im gettin the JLT RAI, now can i get breathers for both sides.. anyone have pictures? and what breathers will fit. thanks
and oh what do i use to plug the intake vacuum holes with? thanks
anthony:D :bowdown:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I'm thinking about doing it so my IMRCs won't get all gummed up. I've heard it dirties your oil faster though.

I have a good tech article on how to do it w/part numbers for the breather somewhere around here........

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i used a cheap little one from autozone on the drivers side, fit right in the hole, the vaccum holes i used a little rubber plug that fit on the tube coming out of the intake, i put them on cause the damn thing was spraying so much oil into the intake it was ridiculous, now it just blows out the breather all over the engine, which pisses me off, but oh well, simple green gets it off

16yrCobraOwner

Established Member
what about that ir compress filter mod.. its a PCV filter that goes into crankcase and filter out the oil. u use an aircompressor filter, 3/8s hose and stuff
any one done it and can it be done on a 98 cobra? thanks:rockon:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i did that on my lx, cause it has a thing coming off the back of the lower intake and goes into the upper and it was blowing oil in there, so i took a fuel filter and put it inline of the hose and dont blow oil anymore, at least until it fills up

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i have breathers. also did it to keep imrc's cleaner. mine doesnt blow oil all over the engine though. oh and i used cheap autozone ones.

16yrCobraOwner

Established Member
here is what i did.,... does it look right??

DCP_7.jpg

DCP_0007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread