PCS to Colorado Springs!

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Next month (March) the old lady and I will be stationed in CO. Trailering the Cobra with our beefy F150 and shouldn't be to bad a drive. Not looking forward to the loss of power but I'll get over it I guess. Make it fast in CO, it will be fast anywhere is how I look at it. I belong to the Colorado Stangs site but there's not too many SVT's so if anyone is up for a cruise let me know.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
yeah you should. We currently having housing setup at Peterson until we get our new house at Schriever. My ride is pretty easy to spot and it will probably be one of if not the loudest on that base between my procharger race valve (vented) and the external fuel pumps. Only thing else I need would be cams to make it any louder so I'm sure the neighbors will hate me. See you around soon.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Just left Peterson. I was there from 2003-2009. Once you get there, you may want to keep your housing at Peterson (or live off-base). No BX/Commissary at Schriever. All amenities (e.g. dental/medical) are pretty much at Peterson. If you have any questions about the area and such, let me know.

Vic

Last edited:

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Yeah, how much power did you loose, ha! The area seems nice and I visited Colorado Springs a few yrs back which was great not to mention everyone always has good things to say about that area.

Only reason to move to Schriever is that it will save a little bit of gas and the house will be better. Currently they are giving us SNCO housing which will be a 4 bed, 3 bath, 1 car garage with about 1200-1400sq ft. The new one will be JNCO housing (I'm E-5) with 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage and over 2000sq ft. I'll take the two car garage and brand new housing IMO.

Any experience with Peterson housing? I heard it was kind of dumpy. Either way electric is paid for so I'm going to buy a few heaters for the garage to keep the ride warm.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
My car hasn't been to sea level yet, so I can't speak about the power loss. Close to 10% from what I've been told.

That's right, forgot about the new housing they were building out there. I'd def take that over Petersons (and the Air Force Academy).

CoS was great in the early 2000's, but the city council is running it into the ground. BEWARE OF POTHOLES, trust me. Everything you would need is close by though. The quality of microbrews there make up for the city's shortcomings. :beer:

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I knew I liked you for some reason:beer:

Yeah I love microbrews. Been to one here in VA and a few in WA but since I'm originally from TX I love a good Shiner Bock every now and then. I drink very dark beers, if a company can make a great dark beer the rest of their collection is usually just as good.

Get to Colorado, find some good driving spots, microbrews and a good range to shoot at and call it a day!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Dragonman's is right down the street from Schriever. He's got some nice ranges:
#1 Range: 25'-50' For hand guns and shotguns
#2 Range: up to 100 yards
#3 Range: up to 220 yards for long range rifles

Users who are viewing this thread