PCM Testing

bigja01cobra

Established Member
So recently I pulled the motor and sent to BB&T for head work and new pistons and rings. Motor was assembled, degreed, and installed.

I also went through wiring hardness and re-wrapped and replaced any broken retaining clips (mainly on injector wiring harness and O2 harness) The clips were de-pinned and new connectors were put on.

Before starting car, I decided to empty fuel tank of almost 3-year-old gas. To do this I just used my power probe to power fuel pump and pump the gas out. During the jumping of the Fuel pump I must have shorted something, and I think fried the PCM.

Now when key is on the FAN is running and I get crank with no start. All lights are lit on the dash and I cannot get OBDII port to read. I removed my SCT eliminator just in case and still no start.

Odometer is showing mileage; all fuses are good (ohmed everyone).

Lastly, I checked all pins on PCM one thing I noticed is all Grounds in harness have a significant difference in resistance with key on vs off. Pins 3,25,51,103 show ~11-12 ohms with key off direct to negative battery terminal, and 130-150ohm with key on direct to Battery terminal. The same pins show same 11-12 ohms to dash ground with key off and 50-55ohms with key on.

I have disconnected the 2 radio capacitors on the back of the head to ensure they are not grounded.

I will post PCM Connector C175 voltage results when I get home tonight. Any suggestions about next steps? I do not want to order a PCM until I know it is BAD. I could have messed up something in the wiring.

Also, I planned on getting the motor broke in before upgrading Injectors and Fuel Pump as I was maxed out last time I had the motor tuned (by 5800 RPM and we had to go conservative). Once engine was broken in and rings seated the new fuel system installed I was going to get tune revised.

Users who are viewing this thread