PCM fried?

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
so i think my PCM is fried, when i do key on, the CCRM buzzes at me and the odometer reads "----------" and the theft light flashes really fast. i know it isnt the GEM module because i still have power locks and windows and my IC does turn on (although the odometer is messed up) and also my key fob works. i know it isnt the CCRM because i tried my buddies CCRM,. same issue, buzzing. the buzzing stops when i pull the 30A fuse for the PCM and it also stops if the tuner is plugged in at key on. the tuner does not turn on so there is no signal coming through the datalink port. has anyone else had this happen? i did lots of tests, i chased down grounds. there are some things out of the car, the air bag module is no longer in and i dont have any type of radio in at all, and also the a/c, heater, and abs are gone. anyone know if that could be part of the problem?

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
i have 2 connectors coming off the fuse panel that arent connected, what do those go to? one looks similar to a o2 sensor or possibly an abs plug, and also, there is a 2 wire connector by the CCRM thats not plugged in, but i think that may be an abs plug as well.... not too sure... this car has been down for so long i just cant remember....

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I would look closer at your CCRM harness and grounds. That's exactly what mine did when I had a bad CCRM ground. Buzzing (relay fluttering due to bad ground) from the CCRM, and PATS was activated and there was no odometer reading because without the relay closed in the CCRM, the PCM doesn't get power, thus it doesn't communicate with PATS or show your mileage.

EDIT: Just noticed you're in Lancaster. Friendly hello from someone who grew up the next town over and actually bought this car off a guy in Lancaster.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
It is located beneath the fenderwall on the passenger side behind the passenger side turn signal and right above the right front wheel.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys, and secondhand, how long ago you leave the area? I don't blame you, I want to move to Texas one day....

Here's a thread I had on my issue-
No Start Condition, Weird Symptoms

The buzzing is definitely indicative of a bad ground somewhere. Might be the harness, might be your block, who knows. Check and clean everything. You could also try jumpering the PCM power wire with another relay you have lying around to determine if it is the CCRM.

And I left 2.5 years ago. You're probably not surprised that it was because I couldn't find a job in WNY.

Beau323

Did you ever figure out what the problem was, and get this fixed? I am having the same issues with my car but can not find a solution. I know this is an old thread, but I am searching everywhere, hoping someone has a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread