PC gamers please come in..

lilcoop03

Established Member
I am trying to remember the name of a PC game I used to play all the time a long time ago and wanted to see if any of you could help me remember because it driving me crazy!

This was a car-based game...I think I may have only had a demo version of it but I remember the car was either a Plymouth Cuda or Dodge challenger and you would race down a desert-canyon highway trying to avoid being caught my cops for blowing gas stations and shit up.. I distinctly remember there being an in-car POV that showed the dash/working gauges and you could look around from that view as well.

Does this sound familiar to ANYONE? This game is probably 20 years old and I know its a long shot but I figured I'd ask..

Thanks

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I am trying to remember the name of a PC game I used to play all the time a long time ago and wanted to see if any of you could help me remember because it driving me crazy!

This was a car-based game...I think I may have only had a demo version of it but I remember the car was either a Plymouth Cuda or Dodge challenger and you would race down a desert-canyon highway trying to avoid being caught my cops for blowing gas stations and shit up.. I distinctly remember there being an in-car POV that showed the dash/working gauges and you could look around from that view as well.

Does this sound familiar to ANYONE? This game is probably 20 years old and I know its a long shot but I figured I'd ask..

Thanks

You're probably thinking of Interstate 76!
Which was a brilliant game by ActiVision.
The game had amazing graphics with the 3DFX cards, and was a blast in multiplayer.

Interstate_%2776_Coverart.png

i76_melee-large.jpg

Last edited:

lilcoop03

Established Member
YES!!!! Awesome man thanks! I wanted to remember the name so I could find it and play it again. It was fun as hell LOL

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I remember a car game called The Duel that I liked when I was a kid. Some of the Need For Speed games back then were great too. I'm not a fan of some of the newer ones but did play one that came out 5 years ago I really liked. Reminded of the old stuff NFS used to come out with.

Some games live on forever. I still play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. In fact, played it last night. Great game. It came out in 2003 so it's getting up in age but still kicking on the internet. ET with die out eventually not yet oddly enough.

Last edited:

T.Man

Established Member
You're probably thinking of Interstate 76!
Which was a brilliant game by ActiVision.
The game had amazing graphics with the 3DFX cards, and was a blast in multiplayer.

Thanks for the reminder. I still have this game and should play it again on my new rig. Was a blast back in the day!

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
YES!!!! Awesome man thanks! I wanted to remember the name so I could find it and play it again. It was fun as hell LOL

Thanks for the reminder. I still have this game and should play it again on my new rig. Was a blast back in the day!

No problem!
I still have my copy, and I'm trying to get it working with the 3DFX graphics in DOSBox.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I would dare say that it can be described as a "real world" Twisted Metal.. I loved that game too. Id spend days playing TM2 on PS2

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Not a driving game but the original Deus Ex
Graphics are way dated now but it set a Benchmark for story based shooters.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I used to play the hell out of the Test Drive series 2 - 6 and the off road ones. PC and PS1

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Another one from around that same time was Driver.... Loved that game and remember playing Interstate 76 and loving that one too!!

Driver was a great game.
It actually gave you the feeling that you were really cruising around a large city with a bad ass car.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
That Driver game takes me back. I remember playing the trial version of it and having a good time. I remember thinking how great it was to be able to drive through city streets and having cops chase you in such a setting. Thinking back to it though makes me wonder a bit how easily I was amused to games like that when games like GTA 5 are so much more immersive.

Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
When I played it on Playstation, I distinctly remember one of the buttons was "burnout". That game sure brings back memories.

Users who are viewing this thread