PC-and Products-Which ones

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I'm ordering the PC from Coastal and pad kit from Scott's, but exactly what products should I get from Scott's? I have a Torch Red 10th anny w/some light swirl marks and a few light scratch's. Price is of no concern when we're talking about the Cobra.

spree

Established Member
Torch Red eh?

Poorboy's SSR2.5
Poorboy's SSR1
Clearkote VM or RMG (I haven't tried it yet, but I heard some great things about it and I ordered some myself)
Wax of your choice (I'd suggest CMW or P21S/S100 or Souveran or Poorboy's EX/Natty's)

10thTerminator

Established Member
I like what spree is laying down:

Poorboy's SSR2.5
Poorboy's SSR1
Clearkote VM or RMG
Wax of your choice (I'd suggest CMW or P21S/S100 or Souveran or Poorboy's EX/Natty's)

Haven't tried the Cleakote or RMG don't even know what that is. Now I must search do a search, which of course leads to another product on the self. :shrug:

In my case I would :
Still swirl remove ssr2.5 or Meq#83 ( Compounding Pad )
then ssr1, ssr1 which smells like you could eat it. (Polishing Pad )
Then polish, with Poorboys polish with carnuba ( Polishing Pad )
Then seal with PB ex-p or ex, wait 24 hrs seal again ( Finishing Pad )
Wait 24hr's and then put down a thin coat of natty's ( Buy Hand )

Of course the most important thing is microfiber microfiber microfiber, you must buy microfiber towels and applicators.

spree

Established Member
10thTerminator said:
Haven't tried the Cleakote or RMG don't even know what that is.

RMG = Clearkote Red Machine Glaze. It's a brand new product. From Scott's website:

Red Moose Machine Glaze
Clearkote has come out with a great new product for those with black or red vehicles. It will darken blacks and reds and make them look better than they have before. In the tradition of Vanilla Moose, Red Machine Glaze is a fantastic glaze that make the finish look deeper and clearer along with giving it a very slick surface to apply your top coat of wax. 16 oz Bottle

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
FWIW Lowes has the best deal in PC 7336, got it for $98, coastal I belive is selling them for $119...

Users who are viewing this thread