PayPal Question

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
In regards to the question of what if there is a $0 balance in the seller's account, how can you get a refund? PayPal will contact the seller and tell them they must fund their account or face suspension or termination.

txyaloo

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
This is a perfect illustration of why people shouldn't keep any money in their PayPal account.

Suppose you do a chargeback and you have a checking account associated with PayPal. Will PayPal attempt to debit your checking account to make up for the chargeback? :uh oh:

I think their terms of service say they have that right when you verify your account. Personally, I've never seen it happen. If it did, would so many people be out money?

6speed

Established Member
1FastZ06 said:
And they will also freeze all accounts in the family, as they did mine. They froze my mothers, fathers, mine and my brother. None were associated. Stay away from paypal
i don't understand how they can get away with that? or justify needing to do that?

in regards to them debiting your account if there is a 0 balance, i honestly have no idea. i know what happened with me (and ill try to make this as short as possible) is...
-i bought a motorcycle jacket on ebay for 300 something dollars, we'll say 300.
-the jacket showed up roughly 30-35 days later
-the jacket was missing its cold weather remmovable liner
-i contacted seller said i would like the liner, no answer
-numerous emails were sent, none of which were replied to
-day 44, no answer, complaint filed with paypal, was told seller would be notified of complaint, he had 14 days to share his side of the case
-day 14 no response, paypal awarded me refund (in full) and i still had the jacket
-i contact seller again said where do you want me to send this jacket (i no longer had the address)
-almost 30 days later seller contacted paypal said he was in a bike wreck thats why he didnt respond, he then showed paypal the track info for the jacket they saw it was delivered, came back at me and said i must pay him full amount for jacket because he proved delivery.
-i responded and said jacket was not as described thats why i wanted refund and i want to return it
-i heard back from 2 different paypal persons saying they reviewed my account and saw i was awarded a refund?? mentioned nothing about anything relevant though :rollseyes
-i responded and said yes i did get my refund but what about the email saying i owe him money now??
-got an email back from someone else at paypal said they reviewed my account and saw it was judged in my favor???? wtf??

ok, so then i contacted the seller directly again said "look, i just wanna send the damn thing back it doesnt have a liner" he said sure, send it here, i did, case closed. it was a cluster ****, yes, but i got my money back..in full. i agree paypal is pretty bad, but it seems to work for a ton of people and most people prefer to pay that way. i just absolutely friggin hate the 3% they dock for fees on everything.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I always leave a small balance in my paypal account, but only use CC to pay if I have to. 99% of the time it's CC payments both ways. I collected over $40,000 in payments via paypal last year and didn't have any issues. Just stay on top of your balance and clear it any time it becomes substantial. Usually I clear it as soon as it hits 500 or 1000, which means sometimes I end up cleaning it out once or twice a week...worth the effort not to get hosed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread