Payment on a sale ?

D3 SS 3D

Established Member
Read the for sale thread for the KB you bought from red, sounds like you are working it out with the seller in the end, hope it finishes well. What’d you end up getting for the 2.3, have mine sitting in the garage and curious.

manny231988

Established Member
Read the for sale thread for the KB you bought from red, sounds like you are working it out with the seller in the end, hope it finishes well. What’d you end up getting for the 2.3, have mine sitting in the garage and curious.
2500 with TB RAILS AND INJECTORS

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll be the oddball here.
I don't use PayPal.
Everything I've sold is paid by personal check or postal money order.
I require the buyer's:
Name
Address
Phone # ( UPS )
E-mail address

I sell - cost of the item + shipping.
After the sale agreement, I ship the item & e-mail them the total cost.
Everything I've posted on this site has sold, 1 item to a guy in Germany.
I've never had an issue or a complaint..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Tell him to man up and get a PP account. Problem solved.

manny231988

Established Member
I'll be the oddball here.
I don't use PayPal.
Everything I've sold is paid by personal check or postal money order.
I require the buyer's:
Name
Address
Phone # ( UPS )
E-mail address

I sell - cost of the item + shipping.
After the sale agreement, I ship the item & e-mail them the total cost.
Everything I've posted on this site has sold, 1 item to a guy in Germany.
I've never had an issue or a complaint..
Ya I went ahead and told him to continue with deal he is gonna get the money orders as I had to be multiple as the highest you can get is 1k each and ship them to me and as soon as I have possession got to the post office to verify and cash, then I’ll send him the parts he paid for we will see this my first time doing it like this but I’ve read USPS money orders are pretty safe

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Why not use Western Union?

The sender can go to his/her local Western Union, they are all over, grocery store chains, bus stations, etc. He/She pays the full amount of the transaction to Western Union plus a fee (dependent upon $$$ amount) and then the sender sends you the transaction number. You take the transaction number to your local Western Union with your I.D. and they give you the money. <<This usually can be done on the same day, or it may go over night depending upon how late the payment is made at the senders end.

No fraudulent M/O's or bank checks involved, you receive cash and walk away.

R

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Before paypal what you're describing is how we'd do business. USPS MO cashed at USPS is not a risk. While you're heading there you can bring your box and place postage on it :)->).

Race Red 13

Why not use Western Union?

The sender can go to his/her local Western Union, they are all over, grocery store chains, bus stations, etc. He/She pays the full amount of the transaction to Western Union plus a fee (dependent upon $$$ amount) and then the sender sends you the transaction number. You take the transaction number to your local Western Union with your I.D. and they give you the money. <<This usually can be done on the same day, or it may go over night depending upon how late the payment is made at the senders end.

No fraudulent M/O's or bank checks involved, you receive cash and walk away.

R
Hi Robert, this is Russ, the guy buying Mannys items. You're statements are a bit one sided lol. I would NEVER send thousands of dollars to someone I've never met. Manny and I have spoken twice now and he's very polite and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I feel like I'm the one who has to trust him, as I'm the one sending the money. After speaking with him I feel confident he'll ship the parts as agreed upon. Not flaming anyone here, just trying to clear the air and make this as painless for Manny and I as possible.
hope this helps,
Russ

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hi Robert, this is Russ, the guy buying Mannys items. You're statements are a bit one sided lol. I would NEVER send thousands of dollars to someone I've never met. Manny and I have spoken twice now and he's very polite and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I feel like I'm the one who has to trust him, as I'm the one sending the money. After speaking with him I feel confident he'll ship the parts as agreed upon. Not flaming anyone here, just trying to clear the air and make this as painless for Manny and I as possible.
hope this helps,
Russ

I must have misunderstood, I thought the discussion was how to send funds if PayPal is not involved as an payment option........That is what I was replying to. Anytime something is purchased from a distance there is always a "trust" factor that has to be established. Even if it is a deposit that is a fraction of the total, that too can be lost, there has to be a "comfort" between the two parties.

I've purchased and sold many things "out of town", the bottom line is........a seller will not release their item(s) without full payment......and a buyer always hesitates to send full payment when they don't have the item(s) in their hand......Been there many of times and bought or sold many collector cars that way with many tens of thousands of dollars on the line, not to mention some parts interactions.

R

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Pay pal is a rip off .
Not this case , but ones I have had personal experience with .pay pal sides on the buyer , whom may be a flake .
All they have to do is complain , and the seller has to go thru a ton of hoops to prove what he sold and shipped was in the condition states.
Insurance is supposed to cover any loss, but seems to not matter to pay pal .
I lost 700.00 on a set of 99-01 Cobra till lights .
Buyer claimed the package was damaged and one light was also damaged .
I had picture proof of contents and package when shipped .
Buyer refused insurance , so it got the standard 100.00 policy.
Pay pal took my money and I got nothing in return .

manny231988

Established Member
hope this helps,
Russ
Yes sir haha sorry I had to ask the community as I have never done it but after asking the USPS I feel confident about now, by the time I receive payment I’ll have everything boxed up, will also send you pictures of the packing process to make sure everything arrives damage free i rather over pack the items for a better chance of no damage, I spoke to my father and he says he still uses USPS mo for payments to this day haha so we should’ve good

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes sir haha sorry I had to ask the community as I have never done it but after asking the USPS I feel confident about now, by the time I receive payment I’ll have everything boxed up, will also send you pictures of the packing process to make sure everything arrives damage free i rather over pack the items for a better chance of no damage, I spoke to my father and he says he still uses USPS mo for payments to this day haha so we should’ve good

Done that many times also. It is a good CYA to document everything before the box is sealed for shipment, then the shipper has no argument, it is all there in picture form. I also take side, top and bottom pictures of the box including the label after it is sealed, that way the condition of the box or boxes is documented and excessive handling can be identified if there is an issue. I've had boxes arrive with puncture holes and damage to the contents..........How did that happen in shipment????

R

manny231988

Established Member
Done that many times also. It is a good CYA to document everything before the box is sealed for shipment, then the shipper has no argument, it is all there in picture form. I also take side, top and bottom pictures of the box including the label after it is sealed, that way the condition of the box or boxes is documented and excessive handling can be identified if there is an issue. I've had boxes arrive with puncture holes and damage to the contents..........How did that happen in shipment????

R
Ya after the whole deal with the KB definitely don’t wanna go through that again

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Ya after the whole deal with the KB definitely don’t wanna go through that again

I understand that for sure. For an additional $42, that complete shipment would have been covered, but if the packing/protection was substandard, FedEx would have fought it to the end and not paid the claim.

R

Race Red 13

Hi Manny. No need to apologize, I was reading your posts and checking on you too lol. I sent the money today. I sent it 2 day shipping but the post office said because youre so far away it will probably arrive on Friday. I have the tracking number I can send if you want it. Text me anytime Ill be home all night.

nxhappy

Established Member
money order is pretty safe. I have cashed them for $3000 no problem. Also, he can wire money to walmart. Even paypal can have scammers. Tell him to goto walmart and wire a money gram. It's simple.

Users who are viewing this thread