Paying ticket

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
On Thanksgiving I was in a car accident and I was issued a fine for 166 dollars; too fast for conditions. I was wondering it the court will allow me more time to gather the funds necessary to pay off my fine? My court date is January 5th at 8:30 am and I have no money at all.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Yes.

Since it sounds like your admitting you were wrong, Show up at your court date and plead "no contest".

Then tell the Judge you would like to set up a payment plan. The Judge has the ability to change the fine/payment however he/she wants. In most cases, The Judge will ask you to put as much as you can down, and then order that you pay off the entire amount within 60 days. But again, it's all realitive.

This payment will be set up through the Clerk of Courts. You can also contact them prior to court if you can't make the Court Date.

Good Luck....

And out of Curiosity, who gave you the Ticket?

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yes the officer should have signed the ticket and it would also have his badge number on it. So, if you cant read his signature you can call the dept and ask who issued the ticket. Why do you need that information?

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
If he issued you a Uniform Traffic Citation it will be in the bottom left of the pink copy you recieved. It will have his name, his Department, and his badge number. It's right below where he wrote down as the location for the stop.

Users who are viewing this thread