Paxton / vortex install price?

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
What are you guys paying for your installs ?

Ive been quoted a few a few prices but I think the shops around here are way over priced

thanks

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I had JPC install my 2200 and the supporting mods, they charged more than $1,000.00. It's worth every penny to have a competent reputable shop do the install. 1-866-jpc-race.

PC03GT

Established Member
Performance Evolution DE. You have to remember these kits involve a lot meticulous cutting and making room for that big ass intercooler.

Last edited:

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
I've been getting prices of 1,800-2,200 for just the Paxton install
i think these guys are off there rockers. Looking for something reasonable not cheap and a place that offers tuning too if possible.

RusWolf

Established Member
What are you guys paying for your installs ?

Ive been quoted a few a few prices but I think the shops around here are way over priced

thanks

Where in NY are you?

I did the kit myself with the help of few friends over 4 days.
but the install from a pro shop should not be over a $1,000 for the blower install.

Call Revolution Automotive in MD and find out how much they charge, also call real speed in LI, NY and ask them. Those are both reputable shops. Considering you are in or around NYC judging by the prices you are getting.

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I've been getting prices of 1,800-2,200 for just the Paxton install
i think these guys are off there rockers. Looking for something reasonable not cheap and a place that offers tuning too if possible.

Then how about you install it yourself?

Justin81

Established Member
RAZR EDGE- He's asking a very legitimate question and $1800-2200 is pretty unreasonable. I've been quoted $800-1000 as well.

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
Then how about you install it yourself?

To be honest i might just do that if I can't find a reasonable deal. I'm not looking for the cheapest guy just
A legit price and Maby a place that can also Dyno tune the car while they have it . I heard install time is 8-10 hours (at a shop please correct me if I'm wrong ) and paying someone 200 per hour isn't my idea of a reasonable price. But if you would be fine paying that it would be fine for you.

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
I'm on long island but would travel to have everything done at the right place

Where in NY are you?

I did the kit myself with the help of few friends over 4 days.
but the install from a pro shop should not be over a $1,000 for the blower install.

Call Revolution Automotive in MD and find out how much they charge, also call real speed in LI, NY and ask them. Those are both reputable shops. Considering you are in or around NYC judging by the prices you are getting.

mhyjek

Established Member
To be honest i might just do that if I can't find a reasonable deal. I'm not looking for the cheapest guy just
A legit price and Maby a place that can also Dyno tune the car while they have it . I heard install time is 8-10 hours (at a shop please correct me if I'm wrong ) and paying someone 200 per hour isn't my idea of a reasonable price. But if you would be fine paying that it would be fine for you.
I had mine done by Beefcakes guy which did an awesome job!!!! But after changing things like pulley and wastegate and changing my meth setup around I would do myself. I have had the system 80% apart and putting back together, now I didn't trim the cover or radiator shroud but seeing the instructions and actual finished pieces. Also didn't splice hobbs switch or wire in BAP so depending on your past experience I would way the pro's cons... But it is doable project just take your time look over a couple install threads you should be fine.

Cyclerick

Established Member
If you have the tools and can follow instructions, do it yourself. That way, if something comes loose or isn't working correctly, you can fix it or if you're doing other mods and need to remove the blower, then you can do it.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I would do it yourself other than the tuning. In the performance world, if you rely on a shop to do the work for you, you won't know how to fix it when it breaks. Unless you have the money to take it to the shop every time something breaks or when you want to make changes, just do it yourself so you have the chance to learn how it all works.

agony

Established Member
I was getting quotes for $2k-2200 with dyno tune and installing AEM failsafe gauge

Users who are viewing this thread