Paxton Torque Booster

Gruca

Established Member
The "i wish i bought a turbo" mod lol

you should be fine w/ the 8.4# spring - most guys don't even bother - they just run the 9.7# spring and call it a day

Tried this and the 9.7 psi spring was too much at the top end. It was pulling timing and knocking. I dropped in the 7psi spring and I'm waiting to hear back about the logs I sent.

robrbn

Established Member
Running 93 octane? Possibly some shitty gas or false knock. The 9.7 spring is pretty much what 99% of people run with the paxton and torque booster setup. Do you have a boost gauge to verify how much boost you were actually seeing with the 9.7psi spring?

Tried this and the 9.7 psi spring was too much at the top end. It was pulling timing and knocking. I dropped in the 7psi spring and I'm waiting to hear back about the logs I sent.

Gruca

Established Member
Running 93 octane? Possibly some shitty gas or false knock. The 9.7 spring is pretty much what 99% of people run with the paxton and torque booster setup. Do you have a boost gauge to verify how much boost you were actually seeing with the 9.7psi spring?

Yeah, 93 octane. I do have a boost gauge. I didn't notice where the boost was when I had the 10psi spring in. However, with the 7psi setup, I hit 7psi and stay there all the way to 7,500. The details on Beefcakes website about the springs says there is an 8.4psi setup, but there is no spring combination to use to get there. The two springs that would amount to 8psi are both small inner springs that I can't use together. So I just used the 5 and 2 psi springs to get to the 7. With the 3.8 pulley, I only ever got to 6psi, so it's still an increase and it's full boost 3,000 rpms sooner, which is nice. Hopefully the logs I sent Shaun are good and he can get me a final tune.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
so it's still an increase and it's full boost 3,000 rpms sooner, which is nice. Hopefully the logs I sent Shaun are good and he can get me a final tune.

Where did you reach peak boost before/after installing the torque booster?

Users who are viewing this thread