Paxton SN2000 (not the Novi) - know anything about them?

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
Just picked up a 95 Cobra with a Paxton SN2000 on it and can't dig up much for information.

Rumor was (when I bought it) that some of the idlers came off a fox body.
Haven't found anything else about maintenance or whatnot on this thing.

Need to replace the idler and try to get the belt aligned a little better this week.

Chances50

Established Member
Just picked up a 95 Cobra with a Paxton SN2000 on it and can't dig up much for information.

Rumor was (when I bought it) that some of the idlers came off a fox body.
Haven't found anything else about maintenance or whatnot on this thing.

Need to replace the idler and try to get the belt aligned a little better this week.

I was lookin at one of those a LONG time ago and if I remember they arent the greatest, people were comparing them to Powerdynes.

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
I was lookin at one of those a LONG time ago and if I remember they arent the greatest, people were comparing them to Powerdynes.

Yeah, doesn't sound like they are. Can't be spun real fast at all (only make 7-8psi tops).
Which is that much more reason I need to figure out some info about them. Make dang sure it's in good condition so I don't have it coming apart and spitting pieces into my motor.

Supposedly there is a shop in California that Paxton authorized to do all the servicing on SN series blowers (and paxton won't do it anymore) so I may have to give them a call if I can't find anything else.

This is the reason I've been looking at the HP single stage 1 (60mm) kit.

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
well I'll bump this once - then I'll try elsewhere for info.

Only thing I've found out so far is that it appears Mercon ATF is the fluid recommended by Paxton.

LS1 KILLER

Established Member
I had one on my lightning they kind of suck for making good power. I ran 8lbs with it and the truck went 14.00 in the quarter and when I switched to a vortech with 8lbs it ran 12.98. The place that worked on mine was paradise wheels i'm not sure if they are still open or not. One thing I was told if you overspin them they like to blow up.

Users who are viewing this thread