Paxton + slim fan. Need a little help!

FiveSlow

Established Member
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AG...5_QL70&qid=1401492536&sr=8-38#ref=mp_s_a_1_38

So can anyone chime in that's bought this? Each fan has a blue and black wire, power and ground. I wired both the blue wires together and same with ground then those to the stock plug. I noticed they didn't kick on right away like my stock fan, but I had my tuner adjust it so the temp threshold was higher, maybe that needs to be lowered back down? Also could it be the location of the sensor? Those that have this where did you mount it and was this also the case? It was 65* out and I managed to get it 5* hotter than normal at idle. Also running temp was around 2-4* hotter on average for such a cool night. Again this might be my temp sensor location? Or I don't have them wired correctly and they are only spinning on low speed? I remember seeing a post in here that I can't find and someone said they had to wire it differently for high speed. I don't want my car to overheat, and with the way it is now, on a hot day it's going to.. Any help would be great!

F1EC5687-55B8-420D-AD25-603B6F54AC7B_zpsnvpzqkeb.jpg

741A0E82-993A-48AF-A733-7F4C989949CC_zpsifutde7w.jpg

69DAF10A-8927-4EFF-A030-C6BE2BE89CD7_zpsof6mjk8s.jpg

5E3E32A6-2EF9-4247-A608-F73630B3554D_zpshszrbnnu.jpg

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Here's the thing.. I'm not 100% sure I have this wired correctly. I don't know if it's kicking on full high speed. I don't know if it's because I had my tuner adjust the threshold on my stock fan and it hasn't been adjusted back up for this one. Lastly I'm not sure about the sensor location. These 3 factors could in theory more than make up a 5+* difference..I'm going to have to test a bunch of things I guess if no one can add more info who's running it. If our coolant temp is around 215* is that okay? It seemed to stay around 208* driving but I let it idle in my garage for some time and it got to 217* to simulate being stuck in traffic or something..

Eric@jpc

Established Member
the stock fan has high and low speed so how ever that fan you have pictured is really only one speed so i guess it depends on whick "side" you hooked it too.

217 is pretty high its not over heating per say i really like these cars to stay under 200 if possible.

those 2 smaller fans are not going to cool like a stock fan for sure, did you run it with the AC on"?

Maybe you should look into a cooler thermostat

FiveSlow

Established Member
The car has a 160 in it and has always ran about 200-203. I wasn't running the ac I don't really drive the car enough to use it lol.

What do you mean it depends which side I wired them to?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I wanted to go to this slim fan also to clear up some room and make things look cleaner up front. But after this I think I might stay away from it. My car is my DD so I do not want to risk overheating or being stranded.

Eric don't you guys make a slim fan setup for these cars?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
fusebox_zps78ede055.jpg

there is a high speed and low speed circuit you can wire your fan too basically that little sensor in your stock fan had 3 wires going to it, which wires did you hook up?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I wanted to go to this slim fan also to clear up some room and make things look cleaner up front. But after this I think I might stay away from it. My car is my DD so I do not want to risk overheating or being stranded.

Eric don't you guys make a slim fan setup for these cars?

Yes we make a custom fan with the shroud it flows about 4400 CFM but its a hand made shroud and costs about 469

FAN001__02434.1341546614.1280.1280.jpg

FiveSlow

Established Member
fusebox_zps78ede055.jpg

there is a high speed and low speed circuit you can wire your fan too basically that little sensor in your stock fan had 3 wires going to it, which wires did you hook up?

Hmm I just cut the plug/sensor assembly off the stock fan which was power/ground.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Well here's a dumb question. How do I wire the fan to the high speed relay so I still functions with key on and the temp sensor? Cant I just bypass the low speed?

Users who are viewing this thread