Paxton pulley size vs. belt slip

DTL

Established Member
On a 8-rib paxton/vortech setup, where are you guys starting to encounter significant belt slip? I'm trying to decide how small of a pulley I can go, before it's best to go to an OD ballancer. I street-drive the car, so carbonite coated pullies aren't really an option.

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I'd be interested also since this is the same setup I'll be installing this week. I'm starting with a 3.47"

TEG-84

Established Member
Im running a 3.15 HT and haven't had any belt slip.

Last edited:

DTL

Established Member
Good to know. Thanks. I've got the 3.47 on it now and I'm looking at going to a 3.0. I just don't want to be tearing up belts, covering the front of the motor with rubber bits, or generally wasting my time if it's going to slip.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
3.15 / 3.15 high traction, you should have no issues at all. we've done pretty well down to about a 2.95, belt selection will be critical at that point, you'll basically want to have to work the belt on and almost top out the tensioner

calgarybandit

Established Member
I am running ATI balancer with 3.00 pulley and I would agree with Beef you need good belt, almost top out tensioner; my car is more street driven.

DTL

Established Member
with a 3.00" or 2.95" 8-rib pulley, Vortech's page says to run the -100 belt. Is it possible to stretch a -095 (or the next size down) on there? Can anyone tell me what idler hole/position you need to run for that size pulley?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread